tawnydanielle

Can anyone offer any advice on the best products for contouring?

(0) Hearts

I know this question has been asked often, but it seems like most of the answers I've found refer to products that are no longer offered or products that may be too light for my skin.

I have an olive tan complexion (Puerto Rican).  I also compete in pageants so it needs to be something that will be visible on stage, and I'd love it to be versatile enough to wear on a day-to-day basis as well.  I'm a little leery of products with shimmer as they tend to make me look paler.  I'd like something with both highlighting and contouring products, if possible.  Any advice?

infinitise

Re: Can anyone offer any advice on the best products for contouring?

I've been doing alot of research about contouring before I bought my bronzer, and I think Bobbi brown is best. 

ITs completely matte (which I think is a critical part of it being a bronzer), the colors don't have too much if at all redness, which makes for a better "shadow" effect, and its blendable while also being buildable. no matter how much I apply, it still looks really natural yet contoured, not "i put a bronzer on today" look. 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

MAC scultping powders in Shadowy and Emphasize!   

The dark countouring powder is matte, and NOT orange or red yay!  The emphasize may be a little light for you as highlighter but its NOT sparkley just glowy.

Second choices would be Kevin Aucoin sculpting powder or Choc Soliel in darkest shade.

MAC ones seem densest color, longest wear, highest quality Ive tried.  Not sold at sephora darn.  Can orswe on MaC website -- keep in mind need to ordee the plastic compact holder separately but the make up is cheap like $15.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Too faced chocolate soleil or Tarte amazonian clay bronzer are both great with little/no shimmer, altho I'm not sure if they are dark enough for you. For highlighter Benefit have some good ones, YSL touche eclat is half concealer half highlighter, and Too Faced candlelight is super pretty.

If they aren't the right color, you can always use a foundation that's 1-2 shades darker/lighter for bronzer/highlighter (that's what Beyonce's makeup artist did, according to an interview I read).

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I contour using powder foundations that's a few shades darker :smileyhappy: That way I don't have to worry about muddy, red, or orange looking bronzer!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • crayzeeRN
    • infinitise
    • Nicrohr
    • tawnydanielle