alkapassi

Brushes for face?

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I read on BT .There are so many suggestions and I got confused ,so thought of asking you beauties again.I am looking for face brushes (foundation,blush) that gives a flawless/natural finish and to put blush on my round face.I can go for a set as well.Please suggest the best option.

Thanks

alkapassi

Re: Brushes for face?

Thanks for Advice ladies.I have sorted 3 brushes,Now please help in choosing one

-Beauty blender

-Urban decay Karma optical  brush

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=urban%20decay%20optical%20karma&skuId=14350...

-sephora PRO airbrush 56

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=sephora%20pro%2056&skuId=1419407&productId=...

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Beauty blender or Sephora Pro Airbrush 56 or 55 for foundation, 49 for blush ( I LOVE Sephora Pro Face brushes! All of them! ).

lylysa

I would suggest having at least some type of make up sponge on hand, even if you get a brush. Sephora makes a few variations if you're not 100% sold on the Beauty Blender and in regards to the UD brush and the Sephora one, try going in stores and feeling both to get an idea of how the brushes feel in your hand, their weight, the density and flexibility of the bristles.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/make-up-beginner/m-p/637689#M14777

To be honest, I would opt for the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki if you're in the market for a buffing-esque brush but want more range in terms of coverage. The thread above covers how the TF kabuki can be used in various degrees depending on how far it's retracted/released, giving you the look that both the UD and Sephora brush can provide. Plus, it's great for swirling up loose powder and taking it to go to touch up in a bag! No worries any longer in toting a jar of loose powder and risking it open in your purse!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

the e.l.f brushes are phenomenal for the price the only problem is sometimes there is some shedding (especially in the eyeshadow brush) and when you wash them the dye runs out, I would pick a brush with black fur or the actual brush stuff at the top not the ones that have the red stuff. sorry if its a bit hard to understand :smileyhappy: I hope this helps and good luck!

vanillammm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Right now, these are my favorite for foundation and blush:

Shiseido foundation brush

shiseido brush.jpg

Buxom blush brush

buxom brush.jpg

mbegley

(0) Hearts

I prefer the flawless look the beauty blender gives me compared to the bruses I've tried!

ashee99

(0) Hearts

Glad I can help:smileyhappy:

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Thanks ashee99 .

ashee99

Well, you can use a beauty blender for foundation it gives an airbrush look.:smileyhappy: That's just a suggestion thou. Sigma has really good brushes. Some of them even come in kits with multiple brushes in it. Also stippling brushes are really good to make foundation look natural and even flawless. I believe real techniques has a stippling brush&Elf Cosmetics has a flat top face powder brush that a lot of people love to use as a foundation and blush brush. I hoped this helped:smileyhappy: Goodluck:smileyhappy:BeautyBlender-Sponge.jpgsigma-brushes.jpgELF-84003-1.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lyravega
    • lylysa
    • vanillammm
    • alkapassi
    • Londonlover101
    • mbegley
    • ashee99
Photos6
  • BeautyBlender-Sponge.jpg
  • sigma-brushes.jpg
  • ELF-84003-1.jpg
  • real techniques stippling brush review pixiwoo samantha chapman boots (5).JPG
  • shiseido brush.jpg
  • buxom brush.jpg