jerseygirlnv

Bronzers!

(0) Hearts

I'm new to bronzers, and I'd like to try one!  I definitely don't want to look like a disco ball, but I don't want to be completely matte.  Do any of you know about any glowy, but not glittery, bronzers?

babybear04

Re: Bronzers!

I agree with lylysa's recommendation of trying out Too Faced's bronzers!  They are satiny versus shimmery/glittery, and give a pretty smooth luxurious finish.  They also have a couple shades to choose from so you wont look like a disco ball :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try the bronzers from Too Faced! They have a satin finish so they look very smooth on skin rather than dull. Start with using a satin bronzer first rather than mattes, they're a bit more forgiving in terms of application. Too Faced has a few bronzers that have two or more shades in them so it's going to give a softer, more sibtle mix of colors rather than an intimidating one shade compact.

Use a stipling brush or fan brush to sweep on just a fine amount of bronzer. When you suck in your cheeks and see the hollows of your cheekbones, know that bronzer is to go int he reccesses. Also bring some color down the to underside/along the jaw and a bit by the hairline, forming almost a backwards "3" or a "E" along the side of the face. You can also sweep some bronzer down the sides of the nose forming an "11" and even down your neck. The stipling and fan brush offers the best application for someone that has never used bronzers because they don't pick up a lot of product, so they allow for you to gradually build up product to your liking. Once you become more well versed you can use angled blush brushes.

Too Faced even has a few sets you might one to try!

This one comes with 3 bronzers and a highlighter (applied at the tops of the cheekbone, brow bone, and the shades can even be used as eye shadows in a pinch).

http://www.sephora.com/the-bronzed-the-beautiful-french-riviera-edition-P281605?skuId=1322395

calinerd

(0) Hearts

Another question: how do you apply it? I just bought NARS Laguna bronzer (great reviews on it) and I am struggling to figure out how to apply it correctly.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I'm loving this, for gorgeous packaging, mild bronze glow, and contouring option if you want to get fancy:http://www.sephora.com/magic-light-contouring-trio-P309701

Korres - Magic Light Contouring Trio

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • babybear04
    • calinerd
    • jerseygirlnv