mick702

Bronzer with yellow undertones vs. pink/red

Hi, I'm pretty sure my skin is "warm."  I have been using MAC's gingerly (it's a blush, but I read a lot of folks use as a bronzer also) as a bronzer.  It looks brown in the compact, but I believe it's making me look sort of red...like terracotta undertones. 

What is a good bronzer with yellow undertones, so I don't come out looking reddish?

Laurin88

Re: Bronzer with yellow undertones vs. pink/red

(0) Hearts

Never use blush as a bronzer! It is highly pigmented too and if you do your makeup inside...your face will be way off from your neck when you walk outside! When it comes to bronzer, I don't waste my money on high priced ones. I splurge on foundation, brushes, and eye shadow. Go to your local drug store and look at all the choices.I use physican's formula. They are known for bronzers at a good price! If you like a dewy look get one with sparkles/glitter. If you do not like glitter on your face like me, then get a matte (non-sparkly) bronzer.The yellow based bronzers in my opinion are lighter than the pink based ones. This is because when you get a darker tan you are REDDER. I like yellow based too! Plus it is more natural looking. Apply it on temples, cheekbones, and eye bones. Sweep a little on your nose and sweep a V on your neck! 

sephoramusthave

swfupload_5327868782797692358.jpg

sephoramusthave

I've tried a handful of bronzers, and none of them have a yellow or a red undertone. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, and I swear by Benefit Dallas. I'm just about out of my second box, and will absolutely repurchase for a 3rd time when I use it up completely.

melissabt

Hi Mich202-

Try the Nars Laguna Bronzer or the Benefit Hoola. Both are solid brown/tan tones with no red in them. Laguna has a slight gold sparkle to it however, it doesn't really show up as shimmery on the skin.

lauguna.jpghoola.jpg

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • melissabt
    • Laurin88
    • mick702
Photos3
  • lauguna.jpg