DCFoodie

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder or NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder?

[ Edited ]

Hi!  I am a pretty light makeup wearer and use a lightly tinted BB cream plus light bronzer/blush for contouring.  But I work long hours an am looking for a great finishing powder to seal in the BB cream a little better.  (I'm also in the process of experimenting with primers).

I've got a great deal of brand loyalty to Bobbi Brown and NARS and have heard great things about both of these finishing powders - any guidance?  (I have medium-toned skin with yellow undertones that is combination-oily.)

Also waffling about whether Bobbi Brown's Powder Brush ($60?!?) is a worthwhile purchase for all over application.  I already have the Face Blender for my bronzer/blush but want to keep the colors kind of separate.

Thanks!swfupload_6423814880982673713.jpgswfupload_2038544025218301395.jpg

beautylovingirl

Re: Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder or NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder?

(0) Hearts

Anytime! We're always here!:smileyhappy:

DCFoodie

Re: Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder or NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder?

Thank you both!  This was really helpful and I appreciate it.  Just ordered the NARS since it seemed like the better choice thanks to your advice!

katie1724

I have used both of these, and both are great -- it just depends on what you want it to do. If oil is a concern at all, and you like having a powder for touch-ups, I might go with Bobbi Brown because it's slightly more mattifying / oil absorbing. If a better finish is the priority, go with NARS (my skin seems smoother after applying it). You can still do touch ups with the NARS powder, but I have to apply it more frequently because it's not as oil-absorbing.

:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I think the Nars would be the best choice because you aren't really going to change the color of your foundation by using that so that won't create another problem. Shiseido and MUFE also have great pressed and finishing powders. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • beautylovingirl
    • DCFoodie
Photos2
  • swfupload_6423814880982673713.jpg
  • swfupload_2038544025218301395.jpg