roxystar4

Blush Contest

Nars vs. Kat V D vs. Lorac ???

I'm looking for pigmentation, lasting wear, and smooth texture.

Thanks!

kd006

Re: Blush Contest

(0) Hearts

You seriously didn't miss out on much with benefits Georgie Peach.. Little to no pigmentation... I was very disappointed in that blush.

broadwaybarbie

I really like benefits sugar bomb blush. It is the perfect mixture of pink and flushed coral what when combined, gives you this vintage blushed look. It's so flattering! :smileyvery-happy: 

lylysa

Discontinued :smileysad:

It was like a peach version of Dandelion, a very soft, brightening shade. Bare Minerals' Vintage Peach is a gorgeous, delicate peach shade!

roxystar4

I thought it was :smileysad:  I looked at a few different stores and nothing...

The BM is pretty! too bad it is a loose powder :smileysad:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Their new packaging doesn't make the blushes that bad to use, you can also create your own pressed powders with loose pigments from directions I gave in another thread not long ago!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Mineral-shadows-and-pigments/m-p/472115/highlight/true#M2374

roxystar4

thanks lylysa! so just some rubbing alcohol? wow that seems too simple

lylysa

Yup, plain ol' rubbing alcohol! Some make up brands sell "mixing mediums" or "binding fluids" but it's essentially the same thing, rubbing alcohol is much cheaper and you get much more for the price you pay.

You can Google around sites that sell empty make up wells/pans for dirt cheap and in packs, or if you have any shadows or powder compacts which are old/almost tossed or even not your shade, just recycle and use those!

emmaclaire

Actually, I vote for Tarina Tarantino blush!  It's my HG blush and I have all the shades on my wish list.  Best color/pigmentation, wearability, and texture I've ever experienced.  It's SOOO smooth and buttery and downright beautiful!  Give it a try!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks! I am going to check into that. I have never used Tarina Tarantino before

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

can i get it at Sephora or is there another place to find it?

emmaclaire

It used to be available at Sephora, but is now only available at Tarina Tarantino's website.  Trust me, it is WELL WORTH the money!  I follow a lot of beauty blogs, but the best I've found is Temptalia - she reviews a LOT of very high end cosmetics and her favorite blush was also Tarina Tarantino.  If you go to her (temptalia) website and search for Tarina Tarantino blush you can check out the very detailed and thorough review.

roxystar4

I enjoy Temptalia's blog too!  Ill check out her blush review for TT.  I remember seeing some TT stuff on Sephora a while back, but when I searched after you recommended it, nothing came up. Thanks for the info :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

She's so amazing!  Totally my idol in beauty haha.

You're welcome, let us know what you end up with!  I love blush haha, it's just so pretty.

roxystar4

just checked the TT website and they dont carry the color I am looking for :smileysad:  but i will keep your suggestion in mind for when I need a color that TT has ! :smileyhappy:

catherineu2

I personally like Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush. It's very pigmented, makes pores appear smaller (at least mine) & lasts all day. I have it in Amused (bright pink) and I'm planning on getting it in Dazzled (soft rose).

roxystar4

thanks! I was actually looking at blissful and peacefull in the Tarte Blushes as well. 

lylysa

Blissful is one of my favorites/staples. It's a wonderfully balanced peachy, pink, coral shade!

beautylovingirl

Kat Von D is my vote. I have 3 of her blushes and they look just applied all day long. Awesoooome! Hope this helps!

roxystar4

thanks! I have a Kat V D blush in my shopping cart right now but I wanted to ask about the NARS and Lorac first before I purchase...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • midniterae
    • shinyla
    • dawn1962
    • jennypenny1995