roxystar4

Blush Contest

Nars vs. Kat V D vs. Lorac ???

I'm looking for pigmentation, lasting wear, and smooth texture.

Thanks!

roxystar4

Re: Blush Contest

(0) Hearts

I think the price difference between Tarte and NARS blush is $26 vs $29.  If NARS is really so much better, it seems to make sense to pay $3 extra dollars and get the NARS

Gamergirl24

(0) Hearts

NARS

midniterae

(0) Hearts

NARS all the way. 

shinyla

(0) Hearts

If you want pigment, staying power, and silky texture, go with Nars. I really can't say enough about Nars. If you want the best, this is where you should throw your money.

If you want something a little less pricey, I have to say Tarte's Amazonian clay blushes are fantastic. They have staying power if combined with primer and the setting product of your choice. The texture is nice, and the pigment is buildable. If you want a lot of color, you kind of have to layer it on, though.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@roxystar4- Seroiusly it's a gorgeous peachy color and I just love it tooo much!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I recently bought NARS Albatross and really like it (use it as a highlighter).  not chalky at all!

I also own some ELF studio blushes that are dupes for some NARS... obviously they arent 100% similar but I notice that if I wear them over a tinted moisturizer or a foundation that is a little creamier/hydrating, I can get a really like look to the blush.

dawn1962

I am a huge Nars blush fan.  Recently picked up six of the Tarte 24hr blush after hearing all of the hype.  Imho they just don't compare to Nars.  The Tarte seemed a bit flat and chalky and was missing the depth and complexity of the Nars blush. Nars has never failed to disappoint.

beautylovingirl

@roxystar- Glad you found one you really like. I know you mentioned the Nars Sexual Healing blush but have you seen the lipstick ? I've got it and love it you can wear it alot because it's not too much or too little the color pigment and everything is long lasting.

roxystar4

oh I like the sound of that beautylovingirl !

roxystar4

Yesterday I took about a half an hour testing blushes at Sephora. The only one close to me is a JCP Sephora so I wasnt able to find some of the colors (Bare Minerals vintage peach was one I didnt try but I tried another color of their pressed blush- not the right look).

Kat Von D wish did not show up even after I layered it. Same with Benefit Coralista (the coralista wasnt the color I was looking for anyway but while I was trying blush I wanted to at least see if I liked it for another look). 

I tried NARS but not the color I wanted. (I wanted to try Sex Appeal- a very soft peach color), they only had a darker option that was too pink.

I tried two LORAC blushes but they were too dark/didnt look right.

I loved Tarte Blissful but it wasnt the peach color I wanted. The store did not carry Peaceful (which looks more matte peach online).  I think I may pick up Blissful another time though cause it was really flattering.

I was super surprised when the blush I tested and I liked best was a Sephora brand. What you say? Right?!

I ended up purchasing Sephora Collection Microsmooth Blush Duo in Mangobeam.  I was so surprised that this is what looked the best. I even got compliments over 6 hours later from my husband and mother-in-law that I looked glowing (they didnt say anything about my makeup) but just that I looked dewy/glowing (and no Im NOT pregnant).s1404946-main-hero.jpg

The BA at Sephora told me she has purchased two (was wearing one while we talked).  She also told me that Sephora tried to mimic the DiorBlush with this product. She didn't pressure me to buy it at all! She just had suggested  it and it turned out to be the best looking/feeling one.

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

My new favorite blush is stilla Convertible Color in pheony and sweet pea :smileywink:

midniterae

(0) Hearts

NARS blush all the way. I just bought NARS blush in Dolce Vita and I love it. 

kd006

I agree with everyone here. Tarte is way better than any of the 3 you asked about. All of them are nice but for the qualities you are looking for in a blush, tarte is best.

Dollface is nice for a matte blush, and I also like peaceful and glisten for shimmery blushes.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

seems like lots of people like the tarte blush in blissful. The color looks really versatile :smileyhappy:

lreagan

(0) Hearts

My favorites are Nars Orgasm and Tarte's powder blushes. I really wanted to try the Tarte cheek stains but when I swatched a couple on my arm, I broke out in hives! I was really surprised since Tarte is supposed to be good for sensitive skin. I don't have that problem with their powder blushes. Of those I have 2: Dollface, a pretty bright pink, and Exposed, a nice nude rose.

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

Loving the suggestions so far. I love Tartes blushes especially in blissful. Love using it everyday and its a gorgeous color for summer. It stays on forever until you take it off 

jennypenny1995

Tarte's Cheek Colors.  No comparison!  I use Exposed and Dollface.

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I have those 2 as well! I'm especially fond of Exposed. I think it looks really awesome on my super pale skin to just give a hint of natural color. Love it!

sephoramusthave

I actually like my benefit boxed powder blushes the best. Little goes a long way, it lasts all day on me and they all look fantastic on.

I also second Tarina Tarantino---I have parasol and its one of my all time faves!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

what ever happened to Benefit's Box powder in Georgia Peach?  I think coralista is too pink for the look i am going for.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • midniterae
    • shinyla
    • dawn1962
    • jennypenny1995