sunshine224

Best primer for oily skin

(0) Hearts

I've been searching for a primer that will work well on my very oily skin.  I have been using the Bare Minerals Prime Time oil control primer and it doesn't seem to help at all, as I get oily a couple hours after I put on my makeup. Does anyone have any suggestions for a primer that helps keep skin matte and makeup in place?  Thanks!!!

clarks18

Re: Best primer for oily skin

(0) Hearts

For my oily skin the two primers that work best are the Hourglass Mineral Veil and Benefit The Porefessinal.  The Hourglass is more of a liquid and the Benefit one is thicker and has more of that silicone feel to it.  Both are very concentrated you only need to use a tiny bit.  The Benefit one is less expensive but Hourglass offers a smaller bottle to purchase for $18.  Also I would recommend applying the primer to only your problem/oily areas.  Primer all over the face can feel like a mask especially in the summer.  Best of luck in your search.

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

I love Tarte 12-Hour Perfecting Primer (purple tube). It really helps prevent oil from coming through.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I have never been a fan of primers because they either don't work or, most often, make me feel like my skin can't breathe.  I simply cant use liquid foundations and love my Lancôme Dual Finish foundation because it mattifies without being heavy.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Check out the following thread that even Sephora featured on their Show & Tell feature!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Primers/td-p/523189

Myself and other users and mods weigh in on great primers for oily skin to beat the summer heat!

lolo01

Have you tried the Porefessional by Benefit

I started using the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting touch and I absolutley love it!

rikkie

Seconding both of these! I will be buying the Clarins full size for sure.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • clarks18
    • rikkie
    • lolo01
    • Mollycj