Beccaaa

Best powder you've ever tried

Hi! I'm looking for a powder that will keep my skin matte for the entire day. My skin is very oily and I don't have time for touch ups throughout the day. Has anyone tried a powder that can do this? Thanks! I would prefer drugstore but if it's really amazing I'm willing to spend money on it.

Luxeface86

Re: Best powder you've ever tried

(0) Hearts

My favorite is Ben Nye's Banana Powder. LOVE IT... and you can find it online at various places.. but I don't know what stores would carry it. :smileysad:swfupload_1842084866872418667.jpg

It's usually around $10-$15

clarks18

(0) Hearts

Tarte Smooth Operator or Smashbox Photo Set Powder.  They are both great powders and both keep my t-zone less oily through out the day.  Tarte is the better value price wise.  You get .32 oz of produxt compared to Smashbox's .16 oz.  Hope you find something that works for you.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Beccaaa-

You can also browse our top selling powders here:http://bit.ly/1403JQS

<3 Melissa
theramenlover

(0) Hearts

My oily skin loves the newish NARS light reflecting pressed powder but I know a lot of people rave about the Rimmel Stay Matte powder! It personally didn't work that well for me and tended to look cakey once applied onto my foundation but it has loads of raves and it's about $3-$4 at Target so it's definitely worth a try to see if it works for you! swfupload_3851360007582818634.jpgswfupload_4603688383822516875.jpg 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I keep seeing raves about that NARS setting powder but when I swatched it in the store, it seems to have glitter in it. Doesn't this show up on your face? I keep wanting to snag it because everyone swears by it but I'm not big for glitter on my face so I was curious if it really doesn't show up?

poshified

(0) Hearts

No, the NARS setting powder does not show up on your face when applied -- only a sheen :smileyhappy: It's replaced all of my other setting powders!

jinxski

(0) Hearts

I love Lancome's Mineral Powder Foundation - it's not exactly a finishing powder, but I use it as one anyway. It keeps my skin very matte, all day long!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • melissabt
    • poshified
    • latinadiva
    • jinxski
    • Luxeface86