Tiglah

Best foundation + primer for acne scarring?

[ Edited ]

I have pitted acne scars on my face from cystic acne. My cystic acne has finally cleared up thanks to two rounds of accutane, but I still have oily skin. I'd like to start using foundation/primer that will help cover up the scarring. I'm looking for something that will even out my skintone and fill in the scars a little (I'm not expecting them to completely disappear but anything is an improvement!). Because my skin is still oily, I'm afraid of switching to a product that might cause blemishes to break out. Any advice? Right now I'm just using a mineral-based liquid foundation that gives so-so coverage.

lmgr

Re: Best foundation + primer for acne scarring?

(0) Hearts

A little out of topic but you should look into the Glamglow mask.  It will help get rid of scars and help deal with the oil. I used to break out quite a bit but this has changed my life.  If i had to pick only one beauty product ever...it would be that one because of what its done for my skin... and for changes I've seen on the 3 friends that have bought it after me.  I'm still looking for a good primer too..but I've heard really good things about Becca, and I'd also recommend forgetting foundation and moving towards a BB Creme. They're much lighter on your skin...and you can layer them on for more coverage.

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Giiiiirl, girl girl....if you can afford to buy makeup at Sephora, surely you can afford to save up for a few months to get laser resurfacing. It will make all of those pits & scars go away, or at least become way less visible. After that you'll hardly need makeup at all. :smileywink:

Natural32

(0) Hearts

Hey, i have a lot of acne scarring to and fing that the Tarte pore primer (purple bottle) and the amazonian clay foundation that comes in a tube do a pretty good job of filling in and covering scars. Hope this helps!

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Smashbox has a primer that's targeted toward blemish control, it applies super smooth and fills in any scarring pretty well.
swfupload_526377230407501683.jpg
I think focusing on mineral makeup is a good start, definitely. BB creams also provide some pretty solid coverage without too much skin irritation!
Good luck!

krunce

(0) Hearts

You'll probably want to test this out before making a full purchase, but there are a bunch of priming products available at Sephora that essentially fill in pores and leave a matte finish.

The Too Faced Primed and Poreless is one of two I've tried and it definitely works.http://www.sephora.com/primed-poreless-skin-smoothing-face-primer-P241301?skuId=1147883

The Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector also does the job, but it has some pigment to it. The Too Faced is unpigmented, pretty much. http://www.sephora.com/pore-refining-solutions-instant-perfector-P283304?skuId=1318666

I haven't tried any others but just typing in "primer pore" in the search bar brought up a bunch of promising ones.

Best of luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • jinxski
    • midnightangel
    • krunce
    • Natural32
    • Tiglah