numzywumzy

Best foundation for combination skin type w medium to full coverage

Hey,

Im looking for a liquid foundation that gives me medium to full coverage and is suitable for combination skin... My skin has dry patches and sometimes the t zone getstreacly oily.. C I got muf hd foundation sample and doesn't give me coverage at all and I got creases under my eye... I used the hour glass veil primer...

Currently I use Mac concealer with Mac studio finish powder and IiLife that look but it does not look very natural... I have Mac liquid foundatuin as well butnever use it bc it makes my face more yellow... 

Its so daunting starting new with face foundations bc there is so much out there and we want only the best for us not knowing at all what that is... So any help and suggestions will be appreciated... 

ThAnks... 

ashowee

Re: Best foundation for combination skin type w medium to full coverage

(0) Hearts

Try Laura Mercier's Silk Creme with Urban Decay's Optical Blurring Brush

FuturePedNP

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

So sorry about the MUFE HD. I was going to recommend that to you! :smileysad: It's one of my favorites but based on your skincare needs, I would try the Estee Lauder double wear foundation. I think it would work fabulous on your skin! Here is one of my favorite beauty gurus raving about it. It is only 2:25 minutes long so check it out if you have time! Go get you a sample and let us know! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mAXrzWXek

-XOXO.

luv2rock

(0) Hearts

Lancome teint idol.  The colors are more natural.  It's not overly matte.

I get more compliments with this foundation than any.  It doesn't cause dry spots to i be emphasized, a fresh semi matte finish. I'm going to be 52 and people think I'm much younger when I wear this.  It's not supposed to transfer onto clothing.  Honestly I haven't paid attention to that.  I powder,  spray with a finish spray and I'm good to go.

I like that the colors are not too yellow or pink.  They are skin tone! As far as oily break through.  Maybe slightly.  But I take good care of my skin with the mia 2 and a dermalogica cleanser.   so important for any foundation.  Too many people complain about foundations ( and some  definately deserve it) when the real problem is poor skincare and diet.  So through much experience,  my choice is lancome teint idol 

marlen01

(0) Hearts

I am looking for a good foundation for  my combination skin, I have dark spots on my checks, I need something that covers and looks nice. please help :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The Dior forever flawless foundation, Kat Von D tattoo foundation or Urban Decay Naked foundation would be some choices for you to research. Hope this helps!

xalexandriax

I am surprised the MUFE HD didn't work on you. I honestly love it and think it is the best. I have combination skin too. In the winter, it is a mix of dry on the forehead, oily on the chin and nose and normal on the cheeks. BUT of course every skin is different. I would recomment with Estee Lauder Double Wear or Chanel Aqua. They are both good, and you can build with it but you will at least get a medium coverage with the first layer. 

LadyDragonfire

(0) Hearts

Hi NumzyWumzy. :smileyhappy: If the foundation you are using looks unnatural on you, and is making your face look "too yellow" it is the wrong color for you. :smileysad: Sorry. MAC makeup is really expensive, so I feel bad that you were matched to the wrong colors. :smileysad: When a foundation is the correct color for your complexion, it should look like it is practically disappearing into your natural skin color, and should be almost impossible to see when you're wearing it. Before you buy foundation, you should always test it by putting a stripe of the product along your jawline and neck. You should also go outside and look at it in natural daylight to see how it looks. It should look like it matches your skin and is "disappearing" in natural daylight outside. (Indoor lighting is no good, because it is either too yellow or too blue so you can't see colors properly, plus its often not bright enough.) If the MAC foundation you're using is NC or C, you may want to try one from their NW or W range instead. (Their "C" range is entirely yellow or golden based foundations, whereas "W" are the ones that contain red/rose or pink tones, which possibly you may need in a foundation.) You can also get a sales associate to help you, if you want. Its also possible that the foundation shade you chose may just be too dark (which is common mistake a lot of women make) or you may suit a different finish in makeup than the finish on the one you bought. (Finishes include matte, satin, natural or semi-matte. Again you can ask a sales associate to help you with picking out the right finish for your complexion. Using a finish that doesn't suit you can actually make your makeup turn out looking kind of noticeable/not natural looking as well unfortunately. (again, sorry) Also, if a foundation is the wrong color for your complexion it can possibly affect the coverage too. (I heard this from a professional makeup artist.) A foundation will only give you proper coverage (apparently) if its the proper match to your skin color. That said, I would generally highly recommend MAC foundations because they are really good quality. I really think you might just need to switch which color you're using. If they actually don't have a good match for you, I also highly recommend Estee Lauder's foundations. (Double Wear is amazing because of how long wearing and non transfering it is.) I have also heard great things about Bobbi Brown's foundations, although I have not personally tried them yet. Their associates are very skilled at color matching though, so if you go to a Bobbi Brown counter and ask to be matched to one of their foundation colors they can do that for you. Laura Mercier has amazing face makeup too, and very natural looking foundations in my opinion, although their products are quite expensive so I guess it depends on your budget.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Smashbox Studio Skin!  I've been using it for forever and have yet to find a better liquid foundation - and I feel like I've tried them all!  Dior, Stila, YSL, MUFE, Illamasqua, Urban Decay, etc. etc.  Smashbox is definitely the best, it gives great coverage, feels great, works perfectly on combination skin, and looks beautiful.

cherie31

(0) Hearts

Hi, try Stila stay all day or their BB cream works fabulous.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • xalexandriax
    • beautylovingirl
    • LadyDragonfire
    • numzywumzy
    • cherie31