ElvishTea

Best foundation for Mature skin?

(0) Hearts

I am going to sephora today to pick up a new foundation for my mom. c: She uses the bare minerals original loose powder foundation but has recently been explaining her disappointment in the product. I guess it's just not working like it used to! Any suggestions? She has mature skin and her main issues are wrinkles and dark spots. 

beauty4ashes

Re: Best foundation for Mature skin?

(0) Hearts

If she like mineral powder make-up, I'd suggest Jane Iredale. It's silky smooth & beautiful. I first started using Jane Iredale mineral make-up when it was only sold in a dermatologists office, even before it was sold in "Med-Spa's."

I have mature skin, very sensitive due to Rosacea Subtype 1, & hyper-pigmentation. The application is technique is key to a flawless finish. I tried Bare Minerals & hated it after using Jane Iredale.

The best way to try Jane Iredale is to first go to a place that sells it to find the exact color match...now sold by Jane Iredale online. I use a variety of foundations...liquid, creams, sheer BB's...yet when it comes to mineral foundation; and I've tried many high end brands, I always go back to JI.

balletmommy

I am 60 and have recently fallen in love with Lancome's Teint Miracle. Highly recommend. When I want a light look I mix it with my moisurizer - for everyday. More formal, I put on over primer. It's a lucious liquid. Great foundation.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try Smashbox or Philosophy - their foundations are only at Ulta right now. I know someone with mature skin who uses Smashbox, a recently discontinued version though, and they like how it feels are looks - doesn't accentuate things. Philosophy's are supposed to mimic their skincare, as the foundation has benefits.

If she does want to stick with powder, there are other brands, along with different forms. There are also some trial kits out there for both powder and liquid.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I have read that powder foundations and aging skin do not mix. They accentuate fine lines and dry patches. Bare Minerals is launching a liquid foundation line. It should alleviate some of the problems and may be worth checking out. I personally lIke Regenerie foundation by Lancome for aging skin. I am pretty wrinkled for my age, and that hides it better than any other foundation I have found. 

I use Lancome Dreamtone for my dark spots. It is a serum I put on before my moisturizer. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • notcreative
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • beauty4ashes
    • ElvishTea
    • balletmommy