VJK0619

Best coverage foundation for aging skin?

Hi, I'm 42 and seeing the results of sunbathing in my 20s in the form of uneven skin tone and bumps/lines etc. now. (Younger ladies - skip the sun!!) I've tried many, MANY kinds of foundation to try and make my face look smoother and more even and haven't found anything close to perfect, so I'm looking for suggestions from other women around my age. I'd like something that lasts through the work day too. Thanks!

jennypenny1995

Re: Best coverage foundation for aging skin?

(0) Hearts

Yep, when I see these ladies heading to a tanning bed for prom or whatever, I get a little sick on the inside.

for you, anything with vitamin c will be wonderful.  You'll want to look at the Tips page of Renee Rouleau's website because she is brilliant at researching what ingredients do and don't work.  Another site is Caroline Hirons' blog.  Super smart lady!

beautylovingirl

@VJK0619- I also wanted to add the Murad Sun Undone kit for you to look at:s1260249-main-grid[1].jpg

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@PoisonLipgloss- Which one the Endless Age Defense or the Achieve Ageless?

PoisonLipgloss

Does Sephora have the Murad kit listed above? I'm not finding it...

beautylovingirl

Aww Thanks after being in a Dermatologist office for 13yrs you kinda get a good grasp on things!:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@lylysa- The Algenist kit is great too I wanted her to look at all of them to decide which one is best for her but thanks!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Oh, of course! :smileyhappy:

They're all great kits! You did superb in picking ones out from great brands along with ones that have a great variety of products!

beautylovingirl

I am going to go ahead and suggest some things for you to look into starting with skincare because that 's what will improve the look of your foundation. I'm going to some kits like:s1335926-main-grid[1].jpgs1432376-main-grid[1].jpgs1476357-main-grid[1].jpgs1303296-main-hero[1].jpgThese from Murad and Algenist and for your foundation look at the Dior Capture Totale- It will give your skin instant radiance. Hope this helps!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

That Murad kit in the middle would be perfect! It would help target so many (if not all) of her issues from uneven color/tone, to lines/wrinkles, and to overall improve moisture levels and skin health! Good call!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Is your skin dry or Oily or both? I know you said you have sun damage but what type of skin do you have as far as oily, dry or combination? It will help determine what products are best for you.

lylysa

For uneven skin tone and texture, start off with a nourishing primer like Hourglass' No. 28 Serum Primer which is packed with vitamins and minerals or Too Faced's Primed & Poreless (pink tube) which has vitamins C and A to combat signs of aging and help even skin tone along with mulberry extract.

swfupload_2101166509263917760.jpgswfupload_7036389417438962000.jpg

From there, go with a buildable coverage foundation with a natural, satin finish to prevent skin from looking too dry and cakey, which will emphasize lines. A softer finish gives skin a more hydrated and supple appearance and Tarte's Maracuja Foundation is perfect for that. It's packed with Maracuja extract (passion fruit, rich in vitamin C which is an anti-oxidant which brightens, lightens, evens, and boosts collagen production) and sodium hyaluronate (a humectant that binds healthy moisture to skin to balance hydration levels and in turns helps to soften the appearance of lines).

swfupload_6942948587771905947.jpg

To top off skin, try a nourishing powder like Smashbox's HALO which contains 48 minerals, amino acids, and gold (stimulates collagen production), peptides (help to tighten and firm skin), and encapsulated water molecules to give a burst of hydration. It has buildable coverage and can even be worn as a light/medium weight powder foundation or dabbed on problem areas like a concealer. The shaver dial allows for a fresh dose of product and active ingredients each time and gives you full control of how much to use.

swfupload_115431180002061076.jpg

Kiki1517

I love the Tarte Maracuja Foundation! I will second lylysa's recommendation for aging skin. I know it isn't the greatest for my skin because I'm a bit oily and this is very moisturizing, but I make do because the finish is just so smooth! <<It's what I'm wearing in my avatar pic. 

lylysa

And might I say your skin looks radiant, Kiki!

Kiki1517

How sweet, thank you :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • PoisonLipgloss
    • Kiki1517