superjulienne

Best concealer pencil/pen/crayon for vermilion border?

Two months ago, I had lip reconstruction from a dog attack.  I feel like my plastic surgeon did a fantastic job realigning my bottom lip, but scars from my ER visit are still present.  

Pro tip: ALWAYS get a plastic surgeon to suture anything on your face.. even if it is Christmas morning and you have to wait in pain for him/her to come to the hospital!

Anyhow, the border where my bottom lip was ripped apart is my main concern.  It's not that noticeable to people unless you focus on my lips, but after the whole ordeal I still feel a bit insecure about it.

I'm currently using MAC Chromagraphic pencil in NW25/NC30, which works alright to define my vermilion border. It's starting to get short so I'm wondering if I should switch to something else. Any thoughts or recommendations? :smileyhappy:  I have tried L'oreal's true match concealer crayon, but once the tip gets dull I cant easily and precisely cover the scar around my lip as I'd like to. Poo.

rikkie

Re: Best concealer pencil/pen/crayon for vermilion border?

I hope one of the recommendations below works well for you, I'm sorry to hear you had to go through such a traumatic experience. 

I think I'm going to try out some of these recommendations too, I have a couple of scars on my forehead where I had to get stitches and they're tough to cover, so I kind of gave up on it years ago. I bet I could make them invisible now, all I needed was the fact pointed out, so thank you!!

superjulienne

I hope so too, if not I'll go back to the chromagraphic pencil since it seems to work alright. :smileyhappy:  I was mostly drugged up and didn't feel too much pain, haha.

Lmk if you end up liking one!  

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I'm glad it wasn't too painful at the time. I don't remember too much about getting stitches as a child. Tip: if you're a toddler and your mom tells you to quit spinning around and around because you'll get dizzy and fall over, you should listen to her instead of getting dizzy and cutting your head open on the metal vacuum cleaner, haha. Also, I don't recommend letting anyone smash a guitar over your head, trust me on that one. :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your avatar is so cute! Is that your dog?

superjulienne

Haha, thank you!  Yes, he will be turning 7 next month. :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

Urban Decay also has a 24/7 concealer pencil you could look at.

laurabt

Hi Superjuliene, sorry to hear about your accident!  Glad that your recovery is going well.  Check out these concealer pencils:

Make Up For Ever Concealer Pencil

MUFE Concealer Pencil.jpg

Shiseido The Makeup Corrector Pencil

Shiseido The Makeup Corrector Pencil.jpg

Kat Von D Tattoo Eraser

KVD Tattoo Eraser.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

superjulienne

(0) Hearts

Thanks for so many recommendations! The Shiseido pencil looks promising for me.  :smileyhappy:

Take a quick look at the description; it describes exactly what I wanted:

Ultra easy to use, this convenient pencil concealer visually covers small imperfections like dark spots, fine lines, and acne scars. It blends perfectly with skin, and won't smudge or stand out.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • rikkie
    • laurabt
    • superjulienne
Photos3
  • MUFE Concealer Pencil.jpg