CharliefromNY

Best concealer for light skin?

What's the best concealer for light skin that I could use on redness as well as around my eyes?  Any ideas?

Ashleighx93

Re: Best concealer for light skin?

(0) Hearts

I'm really pale and I love amazing cosmetics concealer. You can get a sample in the store, which is what I did. 

Beehavnbeauty

(0) Hearts

I'm fair/light depending who you ask and what foundation lol. I love my nyx hd concealer in Fair, Nars concealer in chantilly, and Estée Lauder double wear concealer in light.  I've repurchased all 3 at least once.  Also a great setting/brightening powder is Bennye powder in cameo...HG!! 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info!  I'll try those...I've never heard of Bennye....I'll go looking for it!

amberangeline

I'm pretty fair-skinned and love MUFE's Full Cover! I really like what it does with redness and under the eyes. Just another option for ya! Good luck!

kssweetheart

I like IT Cosmetics, Bye-Bye Undereye - I'm Very fair skinned and have blue-ish/purple-ish circles under my eyes. You might know what that's like, my skin is just so translucent, that's why it's so purpleblue, it's been that way all of my life.

I find this does a good job for me, technically, it could be a speck lighter in color but I think that's just me. I'm certain that nobody else would look at me and say....geez, what's with that chick's ridiculously dark under eye concealer? Does she even OWN a mirror?? Nobody else would ever notice that - you know it's just our own paranoia and issues.

I hope you will find something that works wonders for you, It's hard being such a white girl!! :smileywink: Let me know if you try this or if you find something even better, I'm always on the lookout for my HG Concealer. :smileyhappy:

CharliefromNY

Thanks kssweetheart!  I've never used IT cosmetics, but it sounds like it might be a good one to try.  I'm very fair and have dark circles, especially by my nose, but covering them up can make me look like I'm wearing a weird mask....I'll let you know if I find anything else....the only one I've found that comes close is GloMinerals concealer in the golden.  It has two palates - one darker than the other.....the light one works on some red spots, and the darker one is a bit like the benefits Erase Paste.  The Erase Paste works, but it feels like glue....the GloMinerals dark one works, but the light one is a waste of money....doesn't cover anything on me....Thanks!

kssweetheart

You're welcome, it's always nice to help someone find the right products. I get the really dark shadows on the inside corner of the eye, that little arc there, it makes a big difference when I cover that up.

You really hit the nail on the head when you mentioned something actually being too light and not covering anything, It's nearly impossible to find just the right color. I used to blend a few things together but, frankly, I'm tired of doing that. I also don't use concealer every day, so it often goes to waste.

Have you ever tried YSL's Touche Eclat for the shadows around your nose? I haven't gotten around to that one yet but it's apparently pretty amazing and I think it might be light enough without being too light. I've been thinking of trying it for those 'inner eye corner dark shadows' but again, I know a good portion of it would likely go to waste. QVC has a number of IT Cosmetic collections, it makes it more cost effective. I just saw that IT's on tonight at 10p est - maybe you can check it out if you read this in time. Let me know if you try/like/dislike it. :smileyhappy:

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info!  I've tried the YSL Touche Eclat...I find it hard to apply...It looked great in the store, but it goes on really thick and I wasted a lot....It's good for under the eyebrow to give a bit of a "lift', but I didn't like it for around the eyes...it was quite cakey....

nikki

I love Mac's studio fix concealer for undereye circles and redness and blemishes. I love it, it's my HG. I have light skin as well. :smileyhappy:

CharliefromNY

Thanks for the tip on Mac! What color do you use?  I'm NW20 in Mac during the summer, and NW15 in the winter.  I've never tried the concealer....

nikki

I use NC 15, which is the same as my foundation, but they have NW 15 and NW20.

CharliefromNY

Perfect!  Thanks!

kssweetheart

Shoot! I wish Sephora carried MAC Cosmetics. Do you buy directly from Mac, or do you use another merchant who might have better offers? Thanks nikki. :smileyhappy:

nikki

I do both. I buy directly from MAC sometimes, but Nordstrom and Macy's carry MAC and they sometimes have GWP or samples promotions. Plus Nordstroms has beauty rewards in certain cities :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

Hey nikki, just noticed that I typed an M instead of an N in my reply to you, so I looks like either I didn't know your name or that I was replying to someone named Mikki instead of you, Nikki. Silly, I hate when that happens though.

Hope you see this so you know that I do know who you are.

Funny thing, last night I called you Rikki, luckily I caught that one in time.

So sorry, my fingers don't always do what my brain tells them to. :smileytongue:

nikki

LOL it's ok, I can be She of Many Names.

Also, my late grandpa used to call me Mickey, so it made me smile :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Oh my stars!!! What a beautiful mistake that turned out to be. I'm so glad it brought you some warm memories of your grandpa, that really makes me happy. Did you lose him recently? hope it's okay to ask. I lost my Dad in October, and usually when little things pop up like that, that make me think of him and smile, I feel that it's a little 'hello' from him, something that he put together for me.

I never knew either of my Grandfathers, I think that's why I just adore little old men, I met an older gentleman who made me feel like he was the grandfather I'd always longed for, what a wonderful man he was, I was blessed!

I was very close to both of my Grandmothers and they were wonderful to me. So it made up for no Grandpa, they just showered all of us with so much love. I'm pretty darn lucky! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

Thanks mikki, I haven't purchased from Nords in a while, I'll have to keep my eyes open and will find out if there are rewards here. I'll check out macys too. Thanks a bunch. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • nikki
    • kssweetheart
    • amberangeline
    • Ashleighx93
    • Beehavnbeauty
    • CharliefromNY