glossyguru

Best Under-eye Concealers?

I've been looking at concealers for a while and tried several different ones, but none of them can stand up to my major dark circles. I have to wake up at 5 AM to get ready and get to school on time, it's insane! So many concealers crease on me throughout the day, and if I'm at school, there's no time for touch-ups. I have pretty normal skin, but I get a bit oily under my eyes. Any suggestions?

bowlofmushypeas

Re: Best Under-eye Concealers?

(0) Hearts

Cle de peau is supposedly fantastic and moisturizing. I'm loving my Hourglass concealer!

bellag2107

(0) Hearts

I'm also using the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. I've been using this since March for dark circles, blemishes, and scars. I think it covers everything reasonably well and the coverage is lasting. However, I notice that after a 9-10 hour day I could use some touch-ups. I have really dry skin and and this concealer does an excellent job of covering the dark circles without accentuating my dry skin. Two things I love about the concealer: dewy, luminous finish and moisturizing ability.

I sampled the Amazing Cosmetics Concealer and it just did not work with my dry skin, but since your skin is oily this may work for you. The coverage is comparable to Tarte's concealer. 

rawrrawrrawramy

(0) Hearts

Tarte is good. Used that one for a while before switching to Hard Candy's concealer! It is like Kat Von D's concealer except way cheaper! I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $5. I'm pretty brand specific but you should def give the Hard Candy one a try.

BrennaMcD

(0) Hearts

I totally understand how hard it is to find a good undereye concealer. I use the Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose under my concealer, and it makes all the difference! Sometimes, I don't even have to wear concealer if I put this on because it cancels out the darkness. The best part is that it looks just like skin, never getting cakey. I use the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer over it.

madij53

(0) Hearts

I just went shopping at Sephora the other day and picked up Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. I'm going back to school this fall and have very dark circles under my eyes which countless concealers couldn't cover. But! This one actually works! And just to test how long it stayed on I didn't take it off overnight and it was still there the next morning. Absolutely AMAZING stuff! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Another vote on the Tarte concealer here :smileyhappy: This stuff has really great coverage and is very long lasting!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

i love the laura mercier concealers, also the makeup forever is awesome!!!

ashleystar

(0) Hearts

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer

lolo01

(0) Hearts

I love love love my Amazing Cosmetics concelear. . been using over a year now and were still going strong :smileyhappy: 

kimchikween

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

A splurge item but people swear by it (and something I've always had in my arsenal) is Clé de Peau Beauté concealer.  I have also used some more matte BB creams as concealer.  Sometimes, I use more moisturizing BB creams underneath the Clé de Peau Beauté concealer.  This helps with the creasing.

Check out the trick Jung Saem Mool uses in her video on Dark Circles.  She mixes a cream blush with eye concealer.

There are a number of bloggers who also use this technique to hide pesky dark circles.  I found it lasts longer and does a better job of masking than just using concealer.

invisiblebike

[ Edited ]

I'm on the lookout for a new concealer to try once I'm not with this Benefit Fake Up -- not a huge fan. I came across the cosmetics cop website which does pretty thorough reviews and testing of different products, and they have a list of the BEST concealers:

I'm personally leaning towards trying the Becca one. It's a dual compact, one side has a formula for under the eyes and the other is best for covering blemishes.

AViz

(0) Hearts

Share the beauty cop website?  Thanks <3

invisiblebike

you can't share external links here (it'll just get edited out), but google cosmetics cop and check out the beautypedia. some of the sephora brand products are rated as BEST top choices too. almost bought a $45 setting powder and decided to go for sephora's brand, which had just as good a review and was only $16 :smileyhappy:

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

swfupload_5551670022003457315.jpgI love E.L.Fs underye concealer and highlighter it is three dollars and is sooooo worth it for the price. it covers up dark circles and blends with my skin tone :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Hands down, Clinique's Line Smoothing Concealer is the absolute best for the eye area.  It never cakes or settles into fine lines, and it literally makes the tiniest of lines look smooth.  Love the stuff!

beautylovingirl

The Amazing cosmetics concealer would be a great choice for you to look at. Hope this helps!

prettyinpa

I love Amazing Cosmetics concealer, though I blend it with a little bit of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind treatment to get the color to be a better match for me and supposedly give some skin benefits, though I have to admit, I really don't see much difference. 

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

oh I can relate, I have the worst dark circles. 

So my routine changes alot because I am a product junkie, but here is my current under eye regime. 

1. Maybelline instant age rewind eraser treatment 

2. Nars creamy radiant concealer in custard

3. I set it with ben nye banana powder

I use all three with a beauty blender and it has been working great.

I have tried mac but it cakes up and settles in my fine lines. Check out wayne goss on youtube for some great tips on under eye concealer. I have heard the fit concealer is comparable to the nars, but I haven't tried it out yet.

michmo

(0) Hearts

Some people like Benefit Erase Paste.  It has a salmon color to it that helps hide dark undereyes.  It is brightening.  I didn't love the finish on my skin though.  Although I don't mind it when set with powder.  

Also you could try Clinique Airbrush Concealer.  I really like that for brightening and concealing.  

Also a cheaper trick that works for me is Olay and Covergirl Simply Ageless corrector, which is a yellowish correct that blends to hide the purple color.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • jennypenny1995
    • crayzeeRN
    • invisiblebike
    • beautylovingirl
    • lillyjumper