britercritter

Best Foundation for Very Fair Skin

Hey ladies!

I am a very, very fair skinned girl.  Like, think Dita Von Teese or Snow White.  I used Estee Lauder's Double Wear and I loved the finish of it and the formula, but it tends to look orangey on me. I love the coverage but I need something lighter for sure!  I've tried Clinique, Lancome and Stila, which are both too dark for me. Any recommendations?

cheeky76

Re: Best Foundation for Very Fair Skin

(0) Hearts

I feel your pain, girl! I am SUPER fair also, and I have spent countless dollars over the course of many years looking for the right foundation. I've come up with a short "HG" list-- these foundations meet the standard of being pale enough and are also very high quality:

1) Bobbi Brown Foundation (Any kind) in Alabaster 00

2) By Terry Rose Éclat Tinted Moisturizer in Light

3) Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation 001 or 012

4) Makeup Forever Face and Body Liquid #38

I agree with other commenters that such high-end brands as Chanel, Dior and Lancôme do not carry colors that are in our range of paleness, which I have always found disappointing because I would love to test out some of their renowned formulas. :smileysad: Hopefully, more companies will begin producing foundation in a wider range of shades.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

In addition to the other suggestions below (which are fantastic!) I strongly suggest you sample or look into Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation!  Shade 02 is very very very fair and it's just a wonderful formula.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

look into Kat Von D;s foundation, she has some very light colors, and I foud that her lighter colors dont have a orange tint to them like some of her darker colors do.

keelybt

Katie1724 and Diana gave you some great recommendations for fair shades.  Another one you might want to look at is Cover FX in the shade N0.

swfupload_4171681316915917282.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1452929-main-hero.jpg

dianabt

Hello britercritter,

I definitely agree with Katie1724! Nars, Bobbi Brown and Kat Von D have an amazing selection in more porcelain and alabaster shades- Our moderator Keely loves both and has a great fair skin tone! Hopefully she has a few other suggestions for you when she signs on later today :smileywink:

If you have a store nearby try to check these brands out and take a look, ask for a few samples! That is the best way to check if a color or formula will work for you and to check it is not too light nor too dark once it oxidizes. :smileyhappy:

NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation Bobbi Brown - Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15 Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
katie1724

[ Edited ]

There are very few foundations that match my skin right out of the bottle (it sounds as if you have similar problems!) -- I will list them and if any sound good to you, you can test them out in-store (or at a department store counter).

NARS Sheer Glow / Sheer Matte, Siberia: Yellow based, but I prefer this because my face is more pink than the rest of me, so the yellow neutralizes it. The formula isn't heavy, but it's pigmented, so it has great coverage.

Kat von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, 42: Really, really pale -- almost lighter than Siberia, but it darkens slightly with wear. This is more neutral than Siberia, with more of a pink base. Can be drying, so make sure your skin is adequately moisturized before applying.

Bobbi Brown Skin and Natural Finish Foundations, Alabaster (00) -- these lean more neutral / pink (and I prefer a yellow base), but intensity-wise, they are a decent shade match. Alabaster in other formulations, however (Moisture Rich, Luminous, etc.) are darker, so it's not totally consistent as a shade across the different formulas.

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +, Alabaster -- This shade leans pink, but is a decent match in terms of intensity.

Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation, Alabaster (00) -- this is yellow based, but a cooler yellow than Siberia. It's also harder to find!

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Soft Ivory (Sephora does not carry this particular shade): Yellow-to-neutral base, slightly darker than NARS Siberia.

Nearly all other lines -- Chanel, Dior, Lancôme, UD, etc. -- do not carry a shade light enough. Another option is that if you find a formulation that you love (but it's too dark), you can try mixing a lightening base with it. Face Atelier makes one called Zero Minus; MAC Pro carries the Face & Body Foundation in White, and Illamasqua's Skin Base also comes in a white shade. You can mix a drop of any of these with your foundation to lighten it.

I hope this helps! If you have any specific shade questions, please feel free to ask (I'm a nerd and have tested out shades for fun; I have an ongoing list of what worked and what did not).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • cheeky76
    • emmaclaire
    • dianabt
    • DesertRose0706