alyssajacqueline

Best Foundation for Acne Prone Skin?

I dont personally like wearing much makeup only because I feel like everything makes me break out. I have naturally fair skin, but I do tan and it becomes medium colored. I would like to wear makeup because I feel as though my skin sometimes looks uneven colored and of course I don't want people to see my blemishes. I have VERY sensitive skin, too, and it's combination. I need a good foundation that will not make me break out and isn't cakey/etc. Thank you!

beautylovingirl

Re: Best Foundation for Acne Prone Skin?

(0) Hearts

You should also check out Dior's Forever Flawless Foundation another foundation you could look at would be YSL's Touche Éclat Foundation it gives skin a beautiful flawless glow with medium coverage. Hope this helps!

michmo

(0) Hearts

I've found LORAC foundations very gentle on my sensitive skin.  It is not cakey and doesn't cause any breakout issues for me.  

You could try the Natural Performance Foundation.  

LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation

http://www.sephora.com/natural-performance-foundation-P217805?skuId=1097674

On days I want more coverage I use a little of the POREfection Baked Perfecting Powder on top of the foundation.  

This powder is great for acne prone skin as well as sensitive skin.  

LORAC - POREfection Baked Perfecting Powder

http://www.sephora.com/porefection-baked-perfecting-powder-P379961?skuId=192633

alyssajacqueline

thank you for your help!

happyfish

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I also have very sensitive skin and don't like to wear too much makeup because in the long run it makes me break out and my pores gets bigger. And the less makeup I use the better and smoother my skin gets. However, I still love to use makeup during the weekend or when I am out with my friends. So I did found couple foundation that did a wonderful job on me, they are kind of expensive but worth the money.

First one is the fluid foundation by Sisley. It gave me that "Wow" effect the first time I tried it. So natural, beautiful, and smooth that sometime I can't even tell if I have anything on or not. Second will be Trish McEvoy's foundation or their Beauty Booster tinted moisturizer. They also look very natural and even on me.  I really like these two foundation because I really don't need to use a lot to cover my flaws. Sometime I wear them alone without any thing else and it still looks amazing.

Not sure if you need this or not but I also use Makeup Forever's HD Invisible foundation and their Microfinish Powder when I perform or compete on stage. Even though is not as light and airy as my other two foundation, but it does wonder to the camera. Photographers kept telling me that my face looks so amazingly beautiful when I am on camera compare to other performers'.

Also if you are planning to have your makeup on for more than 6hrs I will strongly recommend a good primer because

good primer can prevent break out. I use primer by Makeup Forever which I really like. Some primers I used in the past has give me break out (eg. MAC, and Smashbox) and I thought it was my foundation.

Hope this helps

alyssajacqueline

(0) Hearts

this helped a lot, thanks!

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Same here! I hate that I'm so sensitive on my skin, but I've found a few products that work wonders!

Clinique has a hypoallergenic BB Cream that's not cakey at all. 

swfupload_122457086638840642.jpg 

As far as foundations go, I love Lancome's Teint Miracle Foundation. It's oil-free, fragrance-free, and contains 37% water, according to the brand label. Either way, haven't gotten a breakout from it and the coverage is quite nice!swfupload_6938048469234527314.jpg

alyssajacqueline

(0) Hearts

thank you for the help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski
    • alyssajacqueline
    • michmo