BeautyJunkie325

Benefit's Rockateur

Has anyone tried Benefit's new blush Rockateur?  I saw it at Ulta last weekend while shopping with a friend and just had to have it.  I'm glad I picked it up because when we went to Sephora later they didn't have any out yet.  I wore it for the first time today & I love it!!!!!  I'm not normally a pink fan but the rose gold is beautiful.

clarks18

Re: Benefit's Rockateur

(0) Hearts

I swatched this today at Ulta.  It is the most silky feeling blush/highlight I have ever felt.  I almost grabbed one just for that reason.  I swatched it on myself and I'm glad I didn't purchase.  My skin is way too light and cool-toned for this blush.  It looked terrible and so orange on me.  I really wanted to love it but it won't work for me sadly.  I think this blush will be another hit for Benefit though.

jaimelove

it is so silky, isn't it? it's funny how yellow undertones bring out the pink and pink undertones bring out the gold in it. it looks like two different colors in the swatches!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

It literally melts into your skin!  I agree it does look like two different colors in the swatches.

jaimelove

i went into SiJCP today planning on getting a fall philosophy set that i've been wanting for a few weeks and ended up buying this instead. i was talking blush with a cm and told her i had a hard time finding something that didn't give me clown face with my super red cheeks. it's really hard to get a natural look when you're already unnaturally red! she asked if i wanted to try something, and applied rockateur to my cheeks and holy cow. it's PERFECT. it totally neutralizes the bright red and gives me the perfect natural pink flush. i am in LOVE. and i love that it's not all shimmery so if i want to just do matte i can :smileyhappy: and it doesn't hurt that rose gold is one of my favorite colors :smileywink: 

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the swatches, everyone!  Thanks, too, for comments on the color.  I'm going to be out and about tomorrow.  Maybe I can work in a trip to SiJCP.  They usually have new products before the Sephora store does.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I stopped in my SiJCP today for something else & they had it in stock.  I recommended it to 2 women who were checking it out.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Oh, that is such a nice looking shade.  I may have to try this at some point.  It sure looked pretty in the box.  (SiJCP had it a couple of weeks ago.)

keelybt

I just tried it today and I am in love.   I have it right next to me so i did a couple swatches. The first one was a sheer swipe and i blended it a bit.  The second is a heavier application.  I prefer a sheer application but like many of the Benefit Boxed Powders it is adjustable and will work for many skin tones :smileyhappy:

rockateur.jpg

malday

I want to swatch it so bad! Temptalia did a review and swatch but I'm darker than her so I'm not sure it would even show on me!

swfupload_2822194404147309884.jpg

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Wow that looks so different on her!  She must have a very warm undertone for it to look that pink.  I'm cooler so it shows up warmer on me.

LKuhle

She definitely has a warm undertones but I feel like her lighting often makes things look a little pinker. I've noticed especially with lipsticks that they'll show up pinker in her photographs then in person.

keelybt

Oh also we should have it available online next week :smileyhappy:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Its a really pretty gold/rose shade! I personally would like it over a pink or peach blush.

<3 Melissa
dianabt

I just received this but haven't had a chance to swatch it yet! If it's a rose gold shade I'll be sure to love it, but it's so pretty I almost don't want to try it! haha 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Titian06

(0) Hearts

Hi, BeautyJunkie325!  Can you swatch it?  I've seen the blush on Benefit's website.  Like you, I'm not into pink (or shiny).

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

Just as I was going to I saw malady and keelybt's posts.  It looks more like keely's swatch on me.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried it but I saw it and it looks really nice.  I'll look forward to more reviews!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • malday
    • dianabt
    • melissabt