WoogieMUA

Beauty Blender

image.jpg

Until today, I never knew that there was a difference in the beauty blenders other than the colors. 😩😩😩

End0ra

Re: Beauty Blender

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have the pink and the black.  I can't say I've noticed any difference in shape, texture or result between the two.  One thing I do like about the black is that I don't get tons of dye coming out of it when I wash it, like I do with the pink.

One thing's for sure - I'd never use one for applying serums or moisturizers.  They way they suck up product, you'd be losing half your serum to a sponge.

michelleshops

I purchased the set of 2 pro BBs when I needed to replace my original and I noticed that they were slightly different shapes.  I keep meaning to post photos and ask if anyone else notices a difference.  The black one is a little longer and pointier than the pink one.  It's just different enough to notices while using it.  I think the pro is a little easier when applying concealer and trying to get under the eye.  I'll try to figure out how to post picks today.  

IRISHQUEEN

(0) Hearts

That would be cool if you could :smileyhappy: ! Do you have black dye coming out of your Pro BB? I'm new to the whole BB world! lol Got to snag 1 up and I think I am just gonna go w/ the White even though a prior post made the mini's sound good for when it comes to CONCEALER, But I am worried about the green dye. Idk, I am kind of OCD when it comes to my face / cosmetics stuff.

Thanks!

SydBristow

I have the original but wish I had gotten the Pure version - even after months of use and washing the color from the Beautyblender is still coming out. That can't be good for your skin. :smileysad:

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I've had the same problem.... I thought it would have stopped by now. I may opt for the pure one next time.

ashleynne

Thanks for letting us know that. I think if I were to ever get one it would be the pure! I was drawn to all the colors at first, especially the purple. However you are correct when saying if dye is coming out of the blender it's probably not the best thing for your skin. So I appreciate you throwing that out there! :smileyhappy:

DiVWA

The micro seems a little small to me -- according to reviewers, when wet it's the size of a quarter. I wonder if anyone has tried cutting a regular sized BB. It seems that would allow for getting a more personalized smaller size without it being as small as the micro, and the cut could be done to get a nice point or two for getting into tight corners.

IRISHQUEEN

It sounds like it might be a good idea however I have never held 1 in my hand! lol Well, not yet! I have been going through the motions as you have probably read below of issue's w/ the dye getting on my skin, and will the White-Pure blend as well as the others since it was made for serums & skin treatments/ moisturizers. Whew-Whew! I don't live close to a Sephora at all & I hate having to return things (like to get it right the 1st time around, know what I mean). As of now I have decided on getting the Pure in hopes of better CONCEALER application and all that other good stuff :smileyhappy: .  Btw, thanks for the micro reference to the quarter b/c I almost had my mind made up on that one, and just wash it good before I used it and the blender rinsed clear. Even though you get two (I was thinking 1 for my Concealer's & CC/BB Creams, & the other for Cream Blush & Highlighter), think I will stay in the safe zone w/ the White-Pure. Hope I like it and it's not another waste of cash! From what everyone has told me so far & think I will be happy w/ it (hate the thought of those awesome concealer's just setting there looking at me and my tired eye's, & not having to wash my hands & million times while getting ready is always a plus too! lol).

Let me know if someone cut's one of these in half and how it works! Thanks!

IRISHQUEEN

(0) Hearts

Hi everyone!

So I have been stalking & thinking hard about what to buy myself for my B-Day. I have been having a hard time w/ some major concealer(s) application & blending issue's and have still not achieved [my] ideal blended look. I have been eyeballing the Beauty Blender and the Mini BB and need some insight, help, and direction please.

So anywho, as some of you may know from recent post where I have ranted & raved about having these 2 awesome concealers that do go w/ my skin tone yet I can't apply them correctly w/ my fingers are concealer brush! I mean really....when I am done I have made a caked up or a streaky awkward mess. It makes me look older than before...so hence the fact I have only tried to use each 4/5 times literally. What a waste of potential and awesomeness & the they are both basically brand new formula's w/ 98.9% left! Gaaah!

These are the concealer(s) I am working with : Tarte Concealer in light [stick form & looks like a pen when closed] & the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard ( the one that looks like a full sized lip gloss tube).

I would also like my CC & BB Creams & my BareMinerals Serum Foundation to apply faster and look better (I do like my B.Minerals Brush but I think it sometimes takes too long OR I'm not doing it right still), & I would Love to be able to have a tool hat would make my cream blushes & illuminators to look awesome w/ ease of application

I think the Pink or White BB would be ideal but I'm not sure. I seen the mini's & read a post regarding long nails w/ the mini BB's and not that my nails are super long, they are the norm long w/ square-round edges & I don't want to scratch my face (not pretty or sanitary... even if they are my nails). Also, I was reading post on the Black BB and I don't want to smear mold across my face either! I "can" have sensitive skin sometimes but idk if dye would aggravate my skin or not. I do love Pink & the idea I can see the mold if it was to rear it's ugly head, but if pink dye comes out when you wash it for at least the 1st 4 times, do you think I would be smearing that on face? I really like the White BB but it say's it's for lotions and serums (I use my hands for that) & just need help w/concealers, cc & bb creams, a cream blush, etc. Is it true you can use it w/ powders?

So, what do y'all think being I have just now decided to take the class, & all you guy's have got a Masters & Doctrine in this Beauty Blender and all it's wonders?! Should I invest & if so which one? Also, will it work just fine w/ the concealers and formula's previously mentioned? Any application tip's would be super greatly appreciated too! Thanks in Advance Everyone :smileyhappy: !

hessychris

My dear Irishqueen with all this bold and underlining I don't know where to begin! :smileyhappy:

I will say that I use the micro mini with my nars radiant creamy concealer and I love it! I have never had a more flawless under eye before. The micros get pretty big when they're wet and I swear to you I don't have giant man hands or anything like that. I also use the micro for contouring my nose, but not my cheeks. I use the larger one for that. I am friggen in love with the micro! :smileyhappy: I have used it with cream eye shadows as well. I would take a picture of it right now to show you the size, but it's filthy and I'm embarrassed! 

I have the purple BB and I don't see any purple on my face. The color rinses out a little when I wash it though. I use the larger BB for my Becca lowlight sculpting perfector which is great - blends it beautifully. I also use it when I use a cream highlighter and to blend out my becca beach tint soufflés. I've used it with a powder bronzer only - not setting powder or anything like that. If you have sensitive skin, go with the white- why not! I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference with which one you get. I am personally so glad I started using them. I was late to the game myself so I'd say I hold a baccalaureate in beauty blending :smileyhappy:  I am working on furthering my education though. You will really enjoy them! 

IRISHQUEEN

Thank you SO much! I do apologize about the long post just to ask a simple cpl of questions. lol I have this thing where my mind kinda goes in overdrive or something when I am stressed out about anything! And trust I have been stressed out something serious, and not about the Beauty Blender (well, not just about the beauty blender, bahahaha)!

I do appreciate all they helpful tip's and the tip on the Micro BB's too. So I suppose I will get the white one if you think it will blend just like the others do. I will get a Micro as well unless you think I can get the same results w/ a reg. sized BB.

Again I do appreciate your advice and tip's and maybe I will have an Associates Degree in a cpl of weeks :smileyhappy: ! hehe 

If I could change my screen name I would change it to Mistype'sAlot or something...... (lmbo)!

hessychris

You are hysterical! If you're going to get the original, see how it works with your under eye concealer. Many people are able to make it work seamlessly. If you find that it's not working, get the micro later on. I snapped a photo of the micro wet and "squeezed" out, I hope it somewhat helps. Disclaimer: I normally don't have crap all over my countertops, I am on vacation and this house that I'm renting does not have a decent place to keep my stash lol. image.jpg

Panda168

Every time I see these they remind me of quail eggs haha

jcmb

I was wondering if those little minis did anything and for the price I was hesitant to buy. I also use Nars Radiant creamy concealer and now you've made me wonder if I should get those minis and see if I can have the good luck you do. I have forever been putting under eye concealer on with my fingers and then a light dusting of Nars light reflecting powder with a brush. I never felt any brushes I tried with the concealer in the past were that great. Anyway, I'm long-winded, just wanted to say thanks for the idea! (P.S. I do have the white one but don't ever reach for it anymore, however, I did use it with BB cream in the past and was always able to get it sparkling clean again).

IRISHQUEEN

(0) Hearts

Thanks! May I ask if there is a certain reason you don't reach for it anymore (the white BBlender)? Do you maybe use a diff. BBlender or something? Just wondering since I am on my wart to an associates in the BBlenders (Gaaah, I hope) and wondering if u knew something I don't and would share ( I am also being nosy and long-winded, I'm bad about that) :smileyhappy: ! Thanks for your input!

jcmb

(0) Hearts

I just didn't think it worked any better than the brushes I've been using and I feel more comfortable with brushes. Or sometimes I use my fingers to apply BB cream. There's no special reason that I don't use it much but now that there's all this talk about it maybe I'll dig it out and give it another go (for the BB cream). For under eye concealer I just think it's too big for me. Btw I was at Sephora yesterday and today (a record for me) and looked at the minis but the price...ugh!) I'll wait for a sale before I'd get those.

lovelykatya

i totally did not realize that there was a difference.. (face palm). I noticed the different colors before, but so did not realize the "purpose." I own the purple one, and thinking to pick up another one in pink. I think the original BB for everyday use is plenty!

But i will never go for the white one.

IRISHQUEEN

(0) Hearts

Ok, thanks a bunch! Do you dislike the idea of the white one b/c of it looking dirty or for it's original "purpose"? Just curious! Thanks!

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

yeah the dirty part is one of them ! :smileyhappy:

juicie4jen

i likie the purple one!~

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 104 hearts