waitwhatttt

Bb cream underneath mineral foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I was just wondering what a good bb cream to go underneath my bareminerals foundation would be. I've been using liquid foundations for quite some time because they offer good coverage and they last way longer than mineral foundations, but bareminerals is the only foundation that doesn't make my skin look cakey. I was thinking maybe having some light coverage underneath might help it stay a bit longer/keep my skin healthy. 

lylysa

Re: Bb cream underneath mineral foundation

(0) Hearts

Have you tried using a foundation primer under your Bare Minerals foundation? This could help prolong the wear of your make up as well as grab hold of pigment/product better to ensure you don't have to apply as much product to get the coverage you need.

Depending on your skin type, needs/wants you wish to address, and preference to formulation type, those factors would help steer you in the direction of smoother, longwearing coverage with your foundation.

waitwhatttt

(0) Hearts

yes, I've tried a few different primers, which help but still never look as good as mineral foundation. The smashbox light primer is pretty good, but not perfect, and I don't exactly have the funds to keep exploring different types of primers. I just like the look of the mineral foundation a lot.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Tarte's BB Primer? It's also mineral based and can provide some coverage and great priming abilities too. There's a wider array of shades as well!

waitwhatttt

I might give that a try, I'm a pretty big fan of Tarte products! thank you!

tracygirl64

BareMinerals just released a BB Prime Time Primer that offers some extra coverage. Maybe give that one a try? :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/prime-time-bb-primer-cream-daily-defense-broad-spectrum-spf-30-P385504?icid2=...

waitwhatttt

(0) Hearts

yeah I saw that, I might check it out! see if I can get a samply of it next time I'm at sephora.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tracygirl64
    • lylysa
    • waitwhatttt