pinktorridora

BareMinerals Blemish Remedy Foundation

nishcakes

Re: BareMinerals Blemish Remedy Foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Okay, here goes my review after one day of use:

I have a VERY oily skin type. I mean oily as in a full oil slick face within 2 hours with or without makeup (Hourglass foundation is a bit of an exception). I might also mention that I am acne-prone and have some post-acne hyperpigmentation.

Where I live, today is the hottest, most humid day of the year. That being said, I moisturized my face then primed with Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. Next, I applied bareMinerals Blemish Remedy in Clearly Amber with my Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush. I did not apply concealer or any other powder underneath or on top of the Blemish Ready.

7 hours later, I am a little shiny in my T-zone. Blotting paper and a retouch is all that is needed. I am absolutely amazed!

I used to use the bareMinerals Matte Foundation in the past, but I was still oil slick and the application was so messy (powder everywhere!). As for the packaging, no mess!! There's a mesh in the center that allows you to pick up just the right amount of powder without it spreading all over the place. 

This provides light to medium buildable coverage. This foundation alone will only cover some hyperpigmentation. If your hyperpigmentation spots show through, I would recommend using the bareMinerals Powder Bisque Concealer on top and blended in (I don't see it sold individually online, but you can get it in a kit online or individually in-store). Primer and this foundation (plus or minus concealer)...you shouldn't need anything else.

It hasn't irritated my skin at all. It did not oxidize (darken) by the end of the day.

I don't recommend this for dry-skinned folks unless they REALLY moisturize beforehand. I have a feeling this will dry them out or enhance dry patches.

In terms of color matching, it is hard to do so by just looking at the shades online. You will need to use Color IQ or color swatch in-store.

I can't speak on it's acne-clearing abilities yet.

I highly recommend this product, especially if you're oily whether or not you have acne.

Hope this helps. 

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

Thank you, nishcakes! On the Bisque- they call it a multitasking face on the site and it makes it a pain to find just by itself.

Please please let this be something that makes acne better over the weeks. lol. Would love to pick this up when I'm done with the original foundation round I just got. :/

nishcakes

[ Edited ]

Ah, they have tricked me! 

I'll let you know how it works on acne. It may be hard for me to determine because my face is already clearing up so well with the daily use of Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Peels and Ferulic+ Retinol Solution. Less than a week of use, my sister already noticed a huge improvement in my skin condition. She had no idea I had started a new regimen. If you have problematic acne and hyperpigmentation, you should give this a try. I used prescription Retin-A which irritated my skin and eventually stopped clearing it, but the DDG doesn't bother me at all (plus, no purging). Oh, don't forget sunscreen!

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=DR.%20DENNIS%20GROSS%20SKINCARE%2014%20Day%...

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

I'm honestly annoyed because I just bought their normal foundation plus primer a couple weeks ago. I would have tried this instead.

nishcakes

I have it, but didn't try it yet. I'll try tomorrow, and let you know.

tamtam78

(0) Hearts

I want to try it but I'm concerned about using it under my eyes due to the salicylic acid. I'm not sure if it's safe for under eye use.

MK89

I just tried the Original loose powder foundation yesterday and loved it, so I might get this during the sale later this year. What a bonus that it helps with acne! Would be great for days I need to take a break from liquid foundation to help my skin clear up

andyhtrieu

How new is this foundation? I've never heard of it hahah.  

michelleshops

(0) Hearts

My thoughts exactly!

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

As much as I don't care for loose powder as my foundation Bareminerals is actually decent. I recently saw this on the new section on sephora.com and it peaked my interest. I'm definitely loving the packaging from what I can see, looks pretty nice! I'm curious to hear as well if someone has tried this!

IAmLadyLiterary

I haven't but I want to, even though I don't break out a lot I have been having more spots recently and I would like to be preventative.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • michelleshops
    • pinktorridora
    • ashleynne
    • tamtam78
    • MK89
    • nishcakes