Britlee303

Bare Minerals Warmth vs Faux Tan

(0) Hearts

Does anyone own both of these? Which one is lighter? Are they both matte? How do the undertones compare? Which would you recommend for fair/light skin? I have been getting into Bare Minerals lately and want to try one of these out but I am having trouble finding good comparison swatches online!

crayzeeRN

Re: Bare Minerals Warmth vs Faux Tan

Hopefully this photo helps a little! Warmth is on the left, Faux Tan is on the right.

I have extremely fair skin with yellow undertones and only use Faux Tan (I got Warmth for free in a kit). I find Faux Tan 10x easier to blend out, and find that I can make it look very natural. Warmth I find very difficult to blend out, and it has a very red/orange color that I find very unflattering and obviously fake-appearing.

Both have a slight golden sheen to them, but to be honest I didn't even notice this until I did these swatches for you a few minutes ago! The sheen pretty much disappears when blended on the face, leaving just the slightest hint of a natural looking glow.

Britlee303

Ooh thank you for posting swatches! In the winter my skin is pretty fair and I have neutral undertones so I definitely think Warmth could end up looking too dark and orange on me as well. Plus nobody likes a product that won't blend! I think that the small amount of golden sheen will be fine since it's even pretty subtle on the concentrated swatches, I just didn't want anything super shimmery

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

There really is something about warmth that is so difficult to blend! I'm obsessed with Faux Tan! 

CaitlinBrunson

I have owned both. Faux tan is has a redder undertone (this is my FAVORITE!) while warmth is not necessarily orange tones but not as much red. I find warmth harder to work with. I think faux tan gives the most naturally tan glow to any skin tone. I use it to contour. I would say Faux Tan has a Semi-Matte finish. 

Britlee303

(0) Hearts

Ok you guys have definitely convinced me to go with Faux Tan! I don't own any bronzers with a red undertone yet but I have heard they are great for light skin so I'm excited to try it

rikkie

I haven't used either of the two, but you can use the promo code FAUXTAN to get a deluxe sample of the BM faux tan with a $25 order if that helps at all :smileyhappy: 

Britlee303

I was definitely thinking about using that code! There are just always soooo many good promos, especially around the holidays, that I can never decide which one to use haha

mafan

I don't have both, but I'm pretty sure that Faux Tan is lighter.  I know that Warmth is included in their starter set and it really is too dark for fair/light complexions  I just wish I'd known this (or at least how to make use of it) when I bought the starter set.  It's crazy to include this and call it an "all over face color" for all complexions.  Very hard for people just trying to learn to deal with.

Britlee303

(0) Hearts

Thank you, that is definitely good to know! If I do end up getting one I will go for Faux Tan. Especially since the "all over" part is what appealed to me in the first place. I have plenty of other bronzers that are either too dark or too shimmery to actually use all over, and I just want something that will make me look less like a ghost during the winter lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mafan
    • crayzeeRN
    • rikkie
    • Britlee303
    • CaitlinBrunson
Photos1