Spyski

BEST tinted moisturizer

I've been using a drugstore tinted moisturizer (Aveeno), but turns out it leaves my skin looking greasy after an hour or so. I have combo skin (normal, oily t-zone) for reference. I'm looking for a better tm that doesn't leave the skin with that greasy "I just dumped a bottle of tanning oil on my face" feeling. I've been searching reviews and looks like I'm debating between Laura Mercier (oil free) tm and Nars Pure Radiant tm. I'd like a little coverage that has a dewy finish. Any advice with these two products or other suggestions are appreciated! 

lahnnabell

Re: BEST tinted moisturizer

I also wear Finland in the Nars TM, and I LOVE it.  I've used theBalm's Balmshelter, and I like that as well.

I also use a primer from Victoria's Secret, the oil free spf15.

maltipoo66

Hi! I tried the Nars Pure Radiant tinted mositurizer and love it, but I've tried the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in the past as well.  I found that the Laura Mercier was more coverage than I needed, maybe I was just applying too much, but I felt like it was a thicker consistancy than the Nars tinted moisturizer.  I wear Finland in Nars which is perfect for me, and in Laura Mercier I wear Nude (but it's just a touch dark for me).

I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer under all my tinted moisturizers just because it makes my skin super smooth so the tm goes on more easily and lasts longer.

Hope this helps!

Spyski

Thanks! I heard really great things about the hourglass mineral veil primer but also alot of people say its mattifying and doesn't produce a radiant shine. I'll give it another look though!

sephoramusthave

I've only tried 2 TM so far (thebalm and nars) and I prefer the nars. It has light coverage with a dewy finish and it looks soooooo natural and fantastic. When I use a setting powder over it it looks like I have a flawless foundation on. Its not cakey or sticky or smelly, it just blends right in.

waterbaby1981

Well, I find that tinted  moisturizer tends to slip on a little more easily when I use primer.  It doesn't go on as easy without, plus the primer tends to get into any creases/wrinkles/pores and create a smoother canvas for the TM.  The LM is definitely has buildable coverage, but I usually don't need to do that because I'm lucky enough to have clear skin (good genes).  I do tend to set my makeup (regardless of if I use a foundation or TM) with the LM Loose Setting Powder, which also helps. 

If you feel like checking out a foundation that's lightweight like a TM too, I can't say enough good things about Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua.  Most foundations feel too heavy on my skin, but this one feels like it's not even ON.  It's sheer coverage with just enough tint to it as well.

jennypenny1995

Origins VitaZing is amazing!

waterbaby1981

I have both tinted moisturizers you're looking at and love them both.  I'm porcelain in Laura Mercier Oil Free and Finland in Nars.  Depending on your skin tone, LM might be the better one to go with, since there are more shades that might match better with your skin.  Finland is just a TAD too dark for me, so I usually use that during the summer when I have a bit more color (even when wearing sunblock).  With both, all you need is just a little bit.  With Nars, you literally want to use the size of a small pea, or else you'll waste a ton of product. 

The LM tinted moisturizer has been my go to HG for about seven years now (used it for my wedding no less!) and whenever I get a tube of it, it usually lasts about 6-9 months.  My favorite primers to go underneath it are the LM oil free primer and the radiance primer. 

Spyski

Thanks for the info!

Which one out of the two had a bit more coverage than the other? AND Does it really make a difference when using a primer with tinted moisturizers? (already spending alot on a tm, so wanting to know if its really necessary to spend more on a primer for it) 

-Steph

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • waterbaby1981
    • jennypenny1995
    • lahnnabell