BEST foundation for oily, acne prone, hard to match skin?

kristaleann

BEST foundation for oily, acne prone, hard to match skin?

(0) Hearts

I'm 18, and I have such a hard time finding a foundation that matches me. My face has more pinkish undertones, while my neck is more yellowish. I can't use just any foundation, as my skin is oily and acne prone. I have an skincare routine that I am using religiously (I know that the most important thing for my makeup is my skincare) but I'm really having issues with clearing up my face. 

I have tried so many different types of foundations. I haven't used drugstore foundation in such a long time - though I've been tempted to look into products such as revlon colorstay and some of the neutrogena foundations. I have used probably every Clinique foundation (unless it was meant for dry skin), Lancome 24hr, Estee Lauder double wear/dw light, urban decay naked skin, benefit oxygen wow, makeup forever hd, stila stay all day, and most recently the tarte amazonian clay (and many, many more).

The problem that I had with the benefit is that I still seemed to shine through, no matter what combination of other products that I was using - primers, setting powder, etc. As for Urban Decay, I DO like it, but my skin just isn't clear enough for me to use that right now.

I like the Stila stay all day, however the color is a bit off for me. I also like the makeup forever hd, but I REALLY would love to try the mat velvet; I've heard sooo many good things about it for oily skin. The color that I was matched with for the HD was one of the closest matches that I have gotten: 115. How do these numbers compare with the mat velvet? Also, I'm at least a good 3 hours away from a Sephora store; if I order it online and it just doesn't work out for me, how would sending it back work out? 

I do have a sample of a clinique stay matte that seems to match fairly well, so I plan on seeing how that does on my skin as well. 

Are there any foundations that I'm missing? I hate the pinkish tone that sooo many of the foundations I have tried give me. 

I'm using the Tarte smooth operator setting powder. This and the Laura Mercier transparent loose powder are my two favorite powders that I have EVER used. I do not use a primer; I have tried sooo many, and they honestly seem to have the opposite effect on my skin.. foundations tend to look as if they are more settled in my pores!

I'm sorry for the essay, I just really want to find my HG foundation. I thought I had with the double wear light, but it just wasn't suiting me.

I would like at least a medium coverage, if not full. I don't necessarily like the dewey look, but I do want to look as natural as possible.

PLEASE HELP! 

kristaleann

Re: BEST foundation for oily, acne prone, hard to match skin?

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the color suggestions! Since I don't have a Sephora anywhere near me, what would happen if I were to order one of these online but it didn't work out for me for some reason? 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

You can definitely return it for a refund within 60 days.  We include a prepaid merchandise return label, so shipping back to our distribution center is free :smileyhappy:

kristaleann

(0) Hearts

Ok, thank you! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • jennypenny1995
    • kstrat
    • beautylovingirl