a2z1

BB creams...

(0) Hearts

Hi, could someone please explain what bb creams are and what they do? Thanks :smileysurprised:)

manniface

Re: BB creams...

You should note that North American BB creams are diferent than Asian BB creams. Asian BB creams aproach the idea form a skin care side and have lots of amazing benifits. North American BB creams aproach it form a makeup side and so have MUCH fewer beneifits- especialy the drugstore ones. The "benefits" for Mabelline's product are kind of ridiculouse, repeditive and really not much diferent than that of a moisturiser. pbunniep has a great video on youtube about BB creams that you should check out!

rockhound0508

(0) Hearts

Anyone try out the new Tart BB?

lylysa

BB creams are short of "beauty balms".

They fit into the make up world by providing more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less coverage than a foundation, which is perfect for someone who wants very natural looking coverage without looking too done up.

BB creams are multitasking wonders that prime skin, help conceal, treat blemishes, even skin tone, hydrate, and can even control oil. It's really dependant upon a formula itself as far as specifics, but again, just consider it a multitasker.

BB creams come in a few shades per brand as they're meant to give sheer to light coverage. They are meant to even out the skin tone as opposed to just laying on a whole sweep of color.

You can still use your regular moisturizer, primer, and concealer with them, but in a pinch if you're short on time, the BB cream will do on its own.

kam71

(0) Hearts

Hi Lylysa...Tx for your reply..was going to ask the same question!  So now that I have my answer perhaps you can help w/ suggesting a BB cream for reactive/ sensitive skin. There are just soooo many brand out there!  FYI about me I currently use LM tinted moisturier and it's my go-to..I usually only go full coverage when going out, etc...LM leaves my skin healthy looking w/ a nice dewey look. Can I "build" coverage w/ a BB cream and tinted moisturizer?  Or ditch the TM? BTWI I'm not particularly blemish prone..as it' under control w/ rx Aczone.  I have blonde hair, blue eyes, fair/medium...def. not super porcelain fair. TX! KAM

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kam71
    • lylysa
    • rockhound0508
    • a2z1
    • manniface