JenBlush

BB cream/Tinted moisturizer problem!

(0) Hearts

So i'm not sure if this happens to anyone else, but when i pick a shade of tinted moisturizer or BB cream, it matches my shade somewhat, but then when i take a picture with flash, my face looks white!! I know SPF does that, but does anyone know of one that maybe doesn't do it as much? i have NARS and Tarte, and both do that to me! I've tried smashbox and it also does that! Does anyone else know of any others? or maybe how i could fix this? 

*Ive even after i put bronzer ontop the cream, it still appears white! :smileysad:

starletta8

Re: BB cream/Tinted moisturizer problem!

(0) Hearts

Hmmm.. that's definitely a SPF problem.

For comparison, have you taken photos with SPF-free regular foundations?  It might be easier to work backwards and isolate the ingredients that are causing it that way.

infinitise

I've always been out looking for the best BB cream and honestly I dont trust the brands in sephora yet just because its not been long since they've been making it 

if you mix CC cream with BB cream, it will somewhat match to your skin color or 

if you mix BB with foundation, it will look a bit more natural. 

But nevertheless, I would only still by mine from Korea

I like Hanskin, Skin 79, Courcelles, and Dr.JArt silver label 

DTalksAll

What exactly don't you trust about the BB creams sold at Sephora? Those brands have been making foundations & skin care products for years. Most American BB creams are "Beauty Balm" while most Asian BB creams are "Blemish Balm". 

Also, Dr. Jart is sold at Sephora... 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi JenBlush,

White cast is my least favorite thing to worry about!  The only BB Cream I've experienced it with is the Boscia one, but the Smashbox, Dior & Dr Jart lines have always been great.  I tend to set mine with my favorite loose foundation in my T-zone, so that may help it just a bit.  I agree with everyone else on trying something with a lower SPF or setting it with a powder of some kind, to minimize the ghostly cast :smileywink:

xo, Mia

veritabelle

(0) Hearts

I am a huge fan of Laura Mercier's TM.  However- it is too heavy for me to use in the summer time-regardless of the SPF.  

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

I used the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer-Oil Free for my wedding nearly seven years ago.  Just double checked a couple of wedding pics, including the big framed one of us on the mantle, and there's no white cast due to SPF.  That would be my pick.  Setting the TM or BB cream with something like Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder or Make Up For Ever's HD microfinish powder will also help minimize shine or white cast as well.

brennn

(0) Hearts

I have been wearing Benefit's You Rebel TM for years and have never had any issues with a white cast even though it has SPF 15. 

garnett

(0) Hearts

MXCX is right, it's the SPF in the products that is doing it.  I know because it has happened to me.  I  use the Dr. Jart+ Premium that has an SPF of 45.   I look absolutely ghostly in photos when I have that product on my face.  When I am going to an occasion that is certain to be photographed, I wear foundation instead.

mxcx

Yeah, I think all the BB creams and tinted moisturizers with SPFs will do that. ): The three that you have, NARS and Tarte and Smashbox, both have pretty high SPFs though, so maybe something with a lower SPF might help? Laura Mercier has a really good tinted moisturizer, and even though it has SPF, it's lower than the three that you have. 

Also, Lorac has one without SPF: http://www.colorescience.com/product_p/compact.htm. I've never personally tried it, but if you're looking for something without that white cast, this is a good bet.

The Dior BB Cream also only have a SPF of 10: http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-nude-bb-creme-P377753?skuId=1487651.

There's also Lancome: http://www.sephora.com/renergie-eclat-multi-lift-multi-action-tinted-skincare-illuminate-lift-instan...

And Hourglass: http://www.sephora.com/illusion-tinted-moisturizer-oil-free-spf-15-P231037?skuId=1140565. 

Also, if you're looking to try Asian BB creams, I really recommend the Missha Perfect Cover BB creams. They do have SPF, but they have a range of undertones to choose from, so the white cast isn't as apparent. Plus they cover super well. I'd definitely stay away from the Lioele and Skin79 lines for Asian BB creams though; both of those have crazy white casts and also lend a kind of grayish tone to skin. But BB creams were developed to be an all-in-one treatment and makeup, so it's hard to find ones without any SPF in them. ):

Hope this helped a little, and good luck!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

thank you! i never thought of maybe trying ones with lower spf!! good idea! you definitely helped!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • veritabelle
    • waterbaby1981
    • miabt
    • JenBlush
    • brennn