jennypenny1995

Attention all powder foundation users!

I have never, ever bought a second or third of the same foundation until I used Lancome's Dual Finish Foundation.   I'm very fair, so their shade line immediately caught my eye.  Plus, I love that it doesn't settle into fine lines or pores.  Sadly, I feel I can't get what I need with a liquid formula.

If you swear by a powder formula, or if you're oily like me and have actually found a liquid that replaced your powder formula, please let me know.  The annual VIB event is weeks away, so I need to decide what to do!  {First world problems, I know!}

marydiva

Re: Attention all powder foundation users!

(0) Hearts

I use the BareMinerals Ready foundation! As another person said earlier in the thread, it's something that has to "settle." When you first put it on, it's going to look a little off, but wait about five-ten minutes and you'll look amazing. I don't know why Bare Minerals products are like that, but I think the oil in your skin has to soak into the powder in order to make it look natural. (That's my theory.)

Anyway, I started using the Ready foundation at the beginning of summer and I'm still on the same compact. It's gorgeous. But you HAVE to get the specific brush that goes with it. The brush is so luxorious and amazing...you'll be so glad you got it. Even if you use a different powder foundation...the brush is so incredible I'd happily shell out 100+ dollars for it. (It's way, way way way way cheaper than that, but I just wanted to make a point: the brush is freaking incredible.)

But yeah. Liquid looks like goopy paint on me. I'm an oily  skin girl with mild acne and I need coverage so Ready it is! :smileyhappy: They're super natural and don't irritate or inflame. I highly reccomend it. :smileyhappy:

carolang

(0) Hearts

I totally agree with your theory!! I tried to like liquid foundation because it looks amazing at first, but I'm oily and it breaks down eventually. But BM looks OK at first and then like my skin within an hour or so and then dewy and pretty as the night goes on and my skin gets oilier. So weird!

I have the ready and the original. I have the precision face brush but I do not think its that great! It is fuller coverage definitely but I find it applies streaky/harder to blend. I use the flawless face brush and then go in with the precision face brush. It might just be more obvious because I think the ready shade a have is a touch too tan for me. I'm medium beige in original and they color matched me to medium tan in ready. I like that ready is not as luminous as the original but not as flat matte as the matte... Nice in between!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

How do you apply it - with a brush or a damp sponge?  I have oily skin and normally use a liquid with a setting powder over it.  I have a sample of Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder but I haven't tried it yet.

jennypenny1995

Try it!  I'm dying to know because it has caught my eye.  A girl in Sephora up told me it's better than Lancome's version, so do update me!

As for the DF version, I've done it both ways: dry and then damp sponge.  I wear it as my sole foundation since liquids tend to settle too much on me.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on LM's version!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I wound up with 3 promo sizes in Buff.  I ordered one in Buff and it was a perfect match for my skin tone.  I placed more orders and didn't see any other promo I wanted so I got 2 more.  I just hope it doesn't break my face out.  If not, they will go in the TSB!

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I have a few different ones that I use for full coverage powder, both drugstore and brand name buuut we'll stick with brand name for now. The Bare Minerals Ready Foundation is probably one of my favorites. As someone mentioned, some did say it's horrible for oily skin. I bought it, used it some and just put it aside, then heard about it being bad for oily skin so I avoided it. Randomly started using it a month or so ago (I'm weird and enjoy using as much of one brand as possible at a time...just feel like they are designed to work together but that is a whole different story) but I seriously love it. When I first put it on it doesn't look that awesome, but once it "settles" and I say settles in the sense of it being on my face for a few minutes, not that it settles into creases or anything, it looks amazing. I will say you HAVE to get the brush to apply it. It just doesn't work with anything else, even the travel size version of the brush isn't as good. The KVD Lock It pressed foundation from what I was told is one of the most full coverage foundations Sephora has, even over the liquids. If you use a sponge, it leaves you FLAWLESS. I haven't used this recently but purely because while there is a good color for me when I don't have a tan, when I do it, the other colors don't work for me. But it is a great full coverage powder. I also have used MAC Studio Fix powder, which I would again say use it with a sponge. I used to use Estee Lauder powder...I feel like it was a Double Wear formula even though I don't even know if they make that anymore? It was a round, deep blue container. That worked well also. I'm curious about this Lancome powder now though!

gongju87

(0) Hearts

I tried the dual finish too but the fragrance was too much for me and it was a bit sheer. BUT I am so glad you liked it! Lancome has some fantastic products!

I eneded up going back to MAC studio fix for a powder foundation. But I only use it for touchups like around the nose and chin, so I'm not as picky with powder foundation as I am with liquid.

carolang

(0) Hearts

I got my make up done at Mac and did enjoy the studio fix powder, I might add it to my stash but I try to stick to more natural products.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I do know they make a fragrance-free version, too.  But, thx for your reply!  Eager to hear more from peeps using just a powder formula for foundation purposes!

dianabt

I personally love this foundation powder and have a coworker here at Sephora (also a former Lancome artist with me) who swares by this foundation powder! They do have fragrance free formulations as well which are nice if you are a bit sensitive.

Another favorite of mine is the Korres Wild Rose compact powders- super lightweight and just enough coverage :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
midnightangel

(0) Hearts

I'm a huge Lancôme fan, but haven't tried this.

Right now I use Sephora 8 HR Mattifying compact foundation, which works similarly but is cheaper.

Most of the time I use a mineral foundation though. I only use a compact foundation at work.

Carmen1986

Oooo thanks for your post. I wanted to try this product !!!. 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

You're so welcome!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I have combination skin and very fair and I swear by bare minerals ready foundation . For me when I started using it I notice I wasn't having as many breakouts compared to liquid foundation.

jennypenny1995

Really?  I heard that formula was awful for oily skin.  Def will have to look more into that one.  Thx for the reply!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

It works fine for me, they say its hydrating but I really don't feel that it is hydrating.

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

I am oily but I finish my liquid foundations with the MUFE HD powder. It has worked wonders to keep the oil at bay.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • dianabt
    • lilyyy
    • jennypenny1995
    • latinadiva
    • midnightangel