Attention Makeup Guru's!!

Hi make up gurus! I need your help! I need help on finding a good concealer that can help with my dark acne scars that won't leave my skin too cakey. Any suggestions?

Re: Attention Makeup Guru's!!

Kat Von D tattoo concealer is a good one, I also like Bobbi Brown's Creamy concealers but if you want the best coverage then I'd suggest MAC's pro longwear concealer, it literally leaves you with a blank face and a little goes a long way

Kiki it must work because i think you have beautiful skin; i never would have guessed - good product tip!

I recently bought the Bare Minerals concealer for my acne scars. Mine aren't too dark so this works perfectly for me. It's very creamy and buildable. I would definitely recommend! 

Thanks Doll I appreciate your feed back!

I really like the Kat von D concealer. I put on a layer with my fingers first then do rest of my face then use her concealer brush to do a second layer. this stuff does not budge for the day or make me break out. it's the only concealer i found that does this (most tend to especially wear off quickly around pimples active or not). i also found using the dr jart black detox cream has really helped fade my marks over time (at least I think it's that..could also be lemon juice). i find it goes on smooth and doesn't cake either. i have to dilute my light 16 with her old porcelain shade as it's a bit too dark for me. def my fav concealer ever!

(0) Hearts

Awesome @melanito I will deff have to try some of these!

I second this. 

If you want full-coverage, I suggest Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer. 

http://www.sephora.com/tattoo-concealer-P231113?skuId=1398726

If you want to have a concealer that works for under-eye circles, use Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer.

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-creaseless-concealer-P312114?skuId=1433440

If you have acne scars and still suffer from heavy acne, I highly suggest going to the dermatologist and asking for Accutane. It's a miracle drug. I had horrible acne, took it for 6 months, and haven't had a pimple since. It shrinks the size of your oil glands. 

If that's not for you, make it a priority to wash your pillowcase as often as possible and wash off your makeup before bed. It makes an astounding difference. 

(0) Hearts

Great thanks for your recommendations!

I am also suggesting the KVD Tattoo Concealer. Covers my acne scars and blemishes perfectly, stays put all day, and doesn't get cakey. 

you have perfect skin! 

Thank you, I have been trying my best to take better care of it, but I do have acne scars and still get plenty of breakouts, especially hormonal ones. Seriously, KVD has been the best at hiding them when they make their appearance every month Smiley Wink

Amazing Cosmetics concealer! Smiley Happy  Highly pigmented, smooth finish, only need the tiniest bit.

Did you try MUFE Concealer? Pretty good. Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

I love the MUFE full cover concealer, it does not budge, and you only need a tiny tiny bit to cover your imperfections. And it's waterproof 

(0) Hearts

I haven't yet, but I heard so many good things about it.. I will have to try it soon!

[ Edited ]

I second this one completely! This is a full-coverage concealer and I've found that it is even better than my CDP concealer at covering acne and such- and half the price! It never cakes and it is easy to blend into foundation of any kind. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 11 in conversation