Lupe88

Attention Makeup Guru's!!

Hi make up gurus! I need your help! I need help on finding a good concealer that can help with my dark acne scars that won't leave my skin too cakey. Any suggestions?

Kyndra

Re: Attention Makeup Guru's!!

Kat Von D tattoo concealer is a good one, I also like Bobbi Brown's Creamy concealers but if you want the best coverage then I'd suggest MAC's pro longwear concealer, it literally leaves you with a blank face and a little goes a long way

spoiledbrat

Kiki it must work because i think you have beautiful skin; i never would have guessed - good product tip!

DrWould

I recently bought the Bare Minerals concealer for my acne scars. Mine aren't too dark so this works perfectly for me. It's very creamy and buildable. I would definitely recommend! 

Lupe88

Thanks Doll I appreciate your feed back!

melanito

I really like the Kat von D concealer. I put on a layer with my fingers first then do rest of my face then use her concealer brush to do a second layer. this stuff does not budge for the day or make me break out. it's the only concealer i found that does this (most tend to especially wear off quickly around pimples active or not). i also found using the dr jart black detox cream has really helped fade my marks over time (at least I think it's that..could also be lemon juice). i find it goes on smooth and doesn't cake either. i have to dilute my light 16 with her old porcelain shade as it's a bit too dark for me. def my fav concealer ever!

Lupe88

(0) Hearts

Awesome @melanito I will deff have to try some of these!

Dolan

I second this. 

Dolan

If you want full-coverage, I suggest Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer. 

http://www.sephora.com/tattoo-concealer-P231113?skuId=1398726

If you want to have a concealer that works for under-eye circles, use Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer.

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-creaseless-concealer-P312114?skuId=1433440

If you have acne scars and still suffer from heavy acne, I highly suggest going to the dermatologist and asking for Accutane. It's a miracle drug. I had horrible acne, took it for 6 months, and haven't had a pimple since. It shrinks the size of your oil glands. 

If that's not for you, make it a priority to wash your pillowcase as often as possible and wash off your makeup before bed. It makes an astounding difference. 

Lupe88

(0) Hearts

Great thanks for your recommendations!

Kiki1517

I am also suggesting the KVD Tattoo Concealer. Covers my acne scars and blemishes perfectly, stays put all day, and doesn't get cakey. 

Lupe88

you have perfect skin! 

Kiki1517

Thank you, I have been trying my best to take better care of it, but I do have acne scars and still get plenty of breakouts, especially hormonal ones. Seriously, KVD has been the best at hiding them when they make their appearance every month :smileywink:

Nicrohr

Amazing Cosmetics concealer! :smileyhappy:  Highly pigmented, smooth finish, only need the tiniest bit.

veronika23

Did you try MUFE Concealer? Pretty good. :smileywink:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I love the MUFE full cover concealer, it does not budge, and you only need a tiny tiny bit to cover your imperfections. And it's waterproof 

Lupe88

(0) Hearts

I haven't yet, but I heard so many good things about it.. I will have to try it soon!

missfawnie

[ Edited ]

I second this one completely! This is a full-coverage concealer and I've found that it is even better than my CDP concealer at covering acne and such- and half the price! It never cakes and it is easy to blend into foundation of any kind. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melanito
    • spoiledbrat
    • veronika23
    • Dolan
    • Kiki1517