HMNewbie

Are you ever just glad to get that out of your system?

I admit, Sephora was my springboard to uber-luxury products.  I have now tried Cle de Peau Beaute foundation and I am not impressed.  Yeah, my skin feels like a baby's rear end and it is a PERFECT match for my coloring, but it doesn't last all day.  I'm constantly touching up and it makes my mascara smudge underneath my eyes (too much oil in the foundation?).  It is extremely shiny, not dewy and I don't even have oily skin.  I got this bottle basically free with reward points from my credit card, so I will use it up, but then it's back to my DiorSkin Nude.  I can now say been there, done that, got the t-shirt and step away from the Cle de Peau dreams with a huge sigh of relief.

Grace & Peace.

beautylovingirl

Re: Are you ever just glad to get that out of your system?

(0) Hearts

I did that with the TNS Serum from Skinmedica did nothing at all to impress.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I feel that way about my CdP concealer.  It covers really well and usually looks great... at first.  Sometimes it starts to look cakey and dry after a few hours.  A concealer that costs that much shouldn't be so finnicky about my skin being a little drier some days.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I feel similar with my CdP concealer. I find it's more useful for blemishes for me, but I don't get too many of those. It dries up a little more when I use it under my eyes.

Also, I'm terrified to use it lol.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing your experience :smileyhappy: glad you're going back to what works!

spoiledbrat

Needless Marcup tends to have brands that fall into the category you mentioned. Lazlo comes to mind. Not worth the money, did not see results, and most of it smelled awful/weird. There are some people that have more money than sense and honestly believe a cream that is $1800 is better than a $60 jar just because it costs more. You cannot fix stupid. :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kalex
    • spoiledbrat
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • HMNewbie
    • jellybean917