kimmi1115

Application Tips for Cream Foundation

Yesterday, I discovered that my Neutrogena Shine Control makeup has pretty much expired.  The consistency isn't right anymore.  I bought it last summer, so it was due to go soon.  Since Lanndan and I are having pictures taken on Sunday, I stopped by Walmart to pick up some new foundation of some sort by Neutrogena.  I have been very impressed with Neutrogena products, especially since I like light coverage.

Here's what I picked up:

6800753_600x600.jpg

What caught my attention is the SPF.  I am not good at remembering to apply SPF lotion, so this seemed like a good idea.  Also, I have never used a cream type foundation.  I have some playing with it to do, but I was wondering if anyone has any application tips?  It came with a sponge, and I also have my Clinique foundation brush.

kimmi1115

Re: Application Tips for Cream Foundation

(0) Hearts

I watched a YouTube video of someone using one, and it kind of looks like the Beauty Secrets Bronzer brush that I got from Sally's last year.  

sephoramusthave

kimmi---Stippling brushes are the best! I have the real techniques one and use it all the time. And they are super versatile--not just for buffing in foundation, but cream blush and other cream/liquid makeup as well!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you everyone!  I've always wondered what a stippling brush was used for lol. 

keelybt

It depends on the formula.  I've never tried that one, but with formulas that are more concentrated I use my Pro Stippling Brush #44.  It doesn't grab too much product and allows it blend easily.  Or you can use your foundation brush and dab a bit on and blend. I've never been a fan of using the sponge that comes with most products because they absorb a lot of product, can harbor bacteria and, if a cream is concentrated it can pick up too much product.

swfupload_5347010411196840321.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/pro-stippling-brush-44-P313013?skuId=1419415

sephoramusthave

I used to use a cream foundation for YEARS (benefit some kinda gorgeous) and I applied either with included sponge or clean fingers. Cream compacts usually don't contain much product, so using a brush would kinda be a waste.

kalex

I prefer to use a Beautyblender sponge for cream foundations as it gives the most natural looking coverage (at least for me).  I have also used Sephora's Pro Flawless Airbrush but find it gives heavier coverage.

If you don't have Beautyblender (or don't want to buy one) I'd suggest just using a damp sponge and stippling it over your skin to keep the coverage light and natural looking.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
Photos2
  • 6800753_600x600.jpg