Spyski

Anybody fond of dewy foundations?

I personally don't like matte, heavy, or cakey foundations. I've been doing some beauty research on dewy foundations and would really like to give one a try! The skin's natural radiance with a bit of a glow seems really enticing with a dewy foundation. However, I do get an oily nose from time to time and wondering if a sheer-medium coverage dewy foundation wouldn't be my best bet. 

I'm considering:

YSL teint touche eclat foundation

Laura Mercier silk creme foundation

Chanel aqua vitalumiere

Has anybody used the above foundations or have a recommendation they would like to share?

a2z1

Re: Anybody fond of dewy foundations?

(0) Hearts

This was a great thread!

Kitkat1022

I love dewy foundations! But now I realize I have pretty oily skin which makes my skin look ultra shiny! Ya not attractive... But I like to put Bare Minerals face powder on after i put on my foundation (Maybelline Fit ME foundation) so it can mattify my face and make it look less oily but it still leaves me with a nice look and before i use some oil blotting sheets.

If you want a little more sheer coverage you can always go with a BB cream I definitely recommend Dr. Jart's.

Also another great dewy finish foundation is the Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation! I would definitely recommend that one.

ANd since you are mostly oily on your nose just blot your nose with Boscia Fashionly Matte oil blotting sheets they are wonderful!!!

Hope I helped links are down below

Bare Minerals: http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-all-over-face-color-P61005?skuId=1164805

Bobbi Brown: http://www.sephora.com/extra-repair-foundation-spf-25-P288551?skuId=1334317

Dr. Jarts BB Cream: http://www.sephora.com/water-fuse-beauty-balm-spf-25-pa-P285402?skuId=1327923

Boscia Fashionly Matte: http://www.sephora.com/fashionably-matte-32-value-P376057?skuId=1458454

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the responses! Now I'm concerened about ordering online since there are no dept stores around me that carry these. Is there a website that can match me to a shade instead of matchmymakeup.com (since they do not have alot of specific shades on there)?

I am 250 Bisque W in Lancome teint idole ultra

(natural beige with yellow undertone). What shade would I be in the Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere and Dior Skin Nude?

Ah, so frustrating to find shade matches online!

lylysa

Your best bet is to Google swatches from beauty bloggers to compare.

I know Urban Decay has a chart if you Google "Urban Decay Naked Skin Chart" it'll pull up a page of not only color swatches, but faces of models with the colors they match to, making it easier to identify with a shade rather than a color blob on a screen.

lylysa

Thos are all great options that you've listed already, Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation is also one you might look into. It's a combo of dewy-matte, so it won't be overly satin-looking or so matte, making it a possible hit for the spots you are prone to getting a bit of shine.

You can also use a mattifying primer underneath your make up. Benefit's Porefessional can be worn under make up and even tapped on top to absorb shine without caking on powder or using blotting sheets to touch up!

keelybt

My favorite dewy foundation is Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25.  It is a beautiful creamy formulation, that covers but still feels ligthweight and leaves the skin with a truly natural dewy finish.

Bobbi Brown - Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25

http://www.sephora.com/extra-repair-foundation-spf-25-P288551?skuId=1334317

asdsfgh

I have tried all three of those foundations. The YSL one gives a nice glowy finish but has a noticable scent and I founs it a little irratating on my sensitive skin. The Laura mercier one is very nice but in the medium-full coverage boat. The Chanel foundation is my holy grail, light coverage but buildable and has the most amazing finish. It is glowy but not greasy. It is scented but it is a light scent that doesn't bother me or my skin. Another you may like is Dior skin Nude foundation, it provides a little more coverage than Chanel but with the same finish. Those are my two favorites!

kenny

I definitely agree,  matte foundations can look more harsh or unnatural. While I haven't used the ones you are looking at, I really like Lancome Teint Miracle. I have an oily t-zone, this doesn't enhance the oiliness, while it gives my skin more of a glow. It also has buildable coverage.

Spyski

Thanks kenny, I've actually tried a sample of Lancome teint idole just last week and didn't like how matte it was. I was recommended to try the teint miracle, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

kenny

(0) Hearts

The teint miracle is more glowy and dewy, and a little sheerer than teint idole, if that helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • lylysa
    • asdsfgh
    • a2z1
    • Spyski