chongers

Any Good Affordable Liquid Foundations? + Cheap But Good Quality Stippling Brush?

(0) Hearts

Hi! I want to find a good foundation that makes my face matte and not cakey. Any good liquid foundations? I don't want any powder foundations because those tend to come off quite easily. And I would also like to know where I can purchase a cheap, but good quality stippling brush for the foundation.

coolgal

Re: Any Good Affordable Liquid Foundations? + Cheap But Good Quality Stippling Brush?

(0) Hearts

Try revlon almost nude foundation and the cheapest brushes I can think of is elf at target :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

Re: Any Good Affordable Liquid Foundations? + Cheap But Good Quality Stippling Brush?

(0) Hearts

I use Elfs stipple brush ($3). I actually have 3 of them. I really like them a lot.

For liquid foundations, it all depends on what you are looking for - are you looking for a dewy finish, what is your skin type, do you need full coverage or light coverage ?

Korra

(0) Hearts

Personally I love Clinique's Foundation, the staying power is amazing and it doesn't cause breakouts. 

As for brush I use the "Expert Face Brush" from RealTechniques. It looks like it would be for powder but it works wonders for liquid. You can buy it on Amazon for under $10.

melde

(0) Hearts

I just got that RT brush too and I like it. :smileyhappy:

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

For an affordable liquid foundation, I've had luck with Loreal True Match.  Very natural looking, easy to blend and lots of shades.

mbliger

(0) Hearts

I personally love love Estee Lauder Double wear foundation.  It has a matte full coverage finish and is not cakey, just flawless. I use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply all of my liquid foundations.  They are amazing!!

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

My favorite drugstore foundations are: Loreal True Match, L'Oréal True Match Lumi Foundation, Covergirl 3 in 1, and a new one I've tried is Maybelline Age Rewind Radiant Foundation. 

A SUPER CHEAP and great stippling brush is Elf's Stippling Brush. There really soft and only $3 :smileyhappy: If you order online and sign up for their emails they have regular sales for like 50% off! Like now for $1.50 who can beat that?! :smileyhappy:

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

I would try the NYX stay matte but not flat foundation.  They have it in liquid and in powder, both I've heard excellent things about.  And as for a brush I agree Real Techniques has great brushes but the beauty blender is definitely the best way to apply foundation for an airbrushed finish

Beehavnbeauty

Affordable depends....like drugstore? Also what kind od cvg are you looking for?  I personally love the revlon colorstay liquid fdn for combo/oily, heard tons of great things on CG's 3n1 liquid fdn but haven't tried it....department store wise....clinique stay matte is nice and currently I'm obsessed with estee Lauder double wear light.  Sephora store....I like urban decays liquid naked and hourglass immaculate liquid powder but it's super mat tidying so unless it's summertime or ur oily stay away lol. Also I agree with beethousand, RT has a great stippling brush also ELG studio line...good luck

sparklekai

(0) Hearts

i love the revlon colorstay liquid fdn!  i have combo "normal"/dry skin and it words amazing!

beethousand

Real Techniques Stippling Brush is surprisingly nice for the low price.

missey1973

Makeup Geek has a review on different stippling brushes on her web sight. I ended up buying one from there.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • melde
    • beethousand
    • HelloCoffee
    • TeemaB
    • Korra