brightred

Alternative to Benefit High Beam

Hey,

I have been using Benefit High Beam for a while, and I love love love how it makes my skin look. Unfortunately, it makes my break out mildly too. Does anyone know of a similar product that is good for sensitive skin?

melissabt

Re: Alternative to Benefit High Beam

(0) Hearts

Hi Brightred,

Just to add some more suggestions. Have you ever tried the Lorac line? It's formulated for people with sensitive skin. She has a nice mini duo that has a pretty luminous highlighter in it.

TANtalizer® Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo

mini lorac duo.jpg

The mini retails for $12 USD

<3 Melissa
sephoramusthave

I've used up a benefit high beam before---twas nice, but I'm not a fan of liquid makeup in general.

My favorite highlighter at the moment is thebalm maryloumanizer. I don't think Sephora carries it anymore (tsk tsk tsk) but its just fantastic! Its a gorgeous powder highlighter, its not glittery or frosty, just gorgeous shimmer and it comes in the most amazing compact. Secure, durable, big mirror. I've hit pan on mine long ago, and have a brand new backup waiting its turn. :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

I've had mine for at least a year & still haven't hit pan, or even put a real dent in it LOL! I use a fan brush for application & picks up the tiniest amount, which is perfect. 

katie1724

If you don't mind spending a little extra money (it should last you longer!) and if you're looking for a highlighter to apply directly (rather than mixing it in with foundation) I highly recommend the NARS Multiple in Copacabana. It's so easy to use -- I apply it directly to my cheekbones, brow bone, etc. and blend it for an all-over glow...it's excellent at brightening the complexion. The Multiple costs more than High Beam, but it lasts for ages; even with daily use, it takes me more than a year to use one entirely. My skin can be sensitive, and the Multiple never bothered me (while there is never a guarantee that something will not break you out, I have never had problems with NARS products in general).

crayzeeRN

Are you using this as a highlighter for certain areas of your face or are you mixing it in with your foundation for an all-over glow?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • brightred
    • melissabt
    • crayzeeRN