taketheroses

About the Ambient Lighting Palette.. :D

[ Edited ]

I have a chance to order one online and I'm wondering if I should take the plunge or not. I have very fair skin (around nw 20) and wasn't sure if the Radiant light would look too orange on me. I am really interested in the other two though, I think Dim light would look so pretty as a nice finishing powder :smileyhappy: 

So for those that have seen it and used it so far, how are you liking it? Does the radiant light seem too pigmented for fair skin or can I get away with it by using a light hand with it? Thanks for you help!

Jackie

spoiledbrat

Re: About the Ambient Lighting Palette.. :D

i am fair; jump while you can get it!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I have the palette and love it!  I am fair, and dim is the perfect finishing powder for me.  

Actually, all 3 colors work for me.  Radiant makes me look ever so slightly warmer/more tan, while the lighter color (forgot the name, Incandescent?) makes me look slightly more pale.  I've used them all, depending on the look I am after that day.

I have also used the brush, and swirled it on top of all three powders and applied that and it looks good too!

If I were to purchase a full size of this product, I would get Dim.

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

I vary in in colors from nc20-nc35 depending on the season. And right now im on the paler side !!! The palette looks amazing - get it while you can!! The Radiant light - you can use very lightly and still be ok!! Give it a try!!!

I love my palette - I use it pretty much every day! Radiant - gently contour/warm up the face, Dim - all over the face - depending on the foundation I use, and the last one I use as a highlighter!

Remember - layering the product and blending it well will take care of most issues of over doing it.

I LOVE IT!!!!!! best investment I made this fall :smileyhappy:

I wish they made more of those powders in compacts like that or made them permanent!

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I will say I'm not fair skinned nor do I own said palette, but as soon as I got one of the powders I wanted to jump on the this palette. When I went to the store to swatch it, I was immediately turned off by how shimmery and glittery two of them were. Dim Light was nice but what I love about the ambient powders is that they somehow give this great glow without being a glitter bomb. I definitely could not tell by looking ONLINE that they were glittery/shimmery so I figured I'd throw that out there in case that is not what you were looking for! And don't get me wrong, I like glitter and shimmer as much as the next person, but I have tons of those, and again what I loooved was how glowy it looks without being too much.

beethousand

I'm much fairer than you, around an N10, and I use radiant as a soft contour/bronzer. It works VERY well for this purpose, and doesn't turn orange at all!

taketheroses

(0) Hearts

aww thank you for your reply! I have never tried a bronzer before so I'm always wary of them. I know it isn't necessarily a bronzer but it could be a first step to trying them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • lovelykatya
    • spoiledbrat
    • taketheroses
    • latinadiva
    • beethousand