About the Ambient Lighting Palette.. :D

[ Edited ]

I have a chance to order one online and I'm wondering if I should take the plunge or not. I have very fair skin (around nw 20) and wasn't sure if the Radiant light would look too orange on me. I am really interested in the other two though, I think Dim light would look so pretty as a nice finishing powder Smiley Happy 

So for those that have seen it and used it so far, how are you liking it? Does the radiant light seem too pigmented for fair skin or can I get away with it by using a light hand with it? Thanks for you help!

Jackie

Re: About the Ambient Lighting Palette.. :D

i am fair; jump while you can get it!

(0) Hearts

I have the palette and love it!  I am fair, and dim is the perfect finishing powder for me.  

Actually, all 3 colors work for me.  Radiant makes me look ever so slightly warmer/more tan, while the lighter color (forgot the name, Incandescent?) makes me look slightly more pale.  I've used them all, depending on the look I am after that day.

I have also used the brush, and swirled it on top of all three powders and applied that and it looks good too!

If I were to purchase a full size of this product, I would get Dim.

(0) Hearts

I vary in in colors from nc20-nc35 depending on the season. And right now im on the paler side !!! The palette looks amazing - get it while you can!! The Radiant light - you can use very lightly and still be ok!! Give it a try!!!

I love my palette - I use it pretty much every day! Radiant - gently contour/warm up the face, Dim - all over the face - depending on the foundation I use, and the last one I use as a highlighter!

Remember - layering the product and blending it well will take care of most issues of over doing it.

I LOVE IT!!!!!! best investment I made this fall Smiley Happy

I wish they made more of those powders in compacts like that or made them permanent!

(0) Hearts

I will say I'm not fair skinned nor do I own said palette, but as soon as I got one of the powders I wanted to jump on the this palette. When I went to the store to swatch it, I was immediately turned off by how shimmery and glittery two of them were. Dim Light was nice but what I love about the ambient powders is that they somehow give this great glow without being a glitter bomb. I definitely could not tell by looking ONLINE that they were glittery/shimmery so I figured I'd throw that out there in case that is not what you were looking for! And don't get me wrong, I like glitter and shimmer as much as the next person, but I have tons of those, and again what I loooved was how glowy it looks without being too much.

I'm much fairer than you, around an N10, and I use radiant as a soft contour/bronzer. It works VERY well for this purpose, and doesn't turn orange at all!

(0) Hearts

aww thank you for your reply! I have never tried a bronzer before so I'm always wary of them. I know it isn't necessarily a bronzer but it could be a first step to trying them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation