lolo01

AQUALILLIES FOR TARTE

Aqualilies-for-tarte-big.jpgBOUGHT THIS FOR A GIFT, BUT ENDED UP KEEPING IT AND IM GLAD BECAUSE IM LOVING IT!  NOT EVEN SUNNY SWEATY DAYS REMOVE MY MAKEUP! AND THE SHADES ARE SO PRETTY!!!

starletta8

Re: AQUALILLIES FOR TARTE

Wore it today and it looks flawless 12 hours later. Unreal!

It took me a long time to be able to do a look and I'd be afraid of non-neutral shadow- but ladies..... (warning: caps) I WORE POWDER EYESHADOW WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE A CLOWN!!!!! First time in about 4 months!

starletta8

Today, my eye makeup looked just like the moment I put it on when I removed it....19 hours later.

Are all of Tarte's formulas waterproof? Like that other palette? Are the other products insane like this?

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

wow! that is awesome starletta8 :smileyhappy:  I had some creasing after about 6 hours with the eyeshadows but that was because I didnt use an eye primer.  Did you use an eyeshadow primer with the shadows?

I just looked up the other palette on the Tarte website and I dont think it is waterproof.  It doesnt advertise as such (whereas the aqualillies said it was waterproof).  The 12 hour blushes are really nice too but arent waterproof but they last a long time & are pigmented.

starletta8

Yup, I always use the NARS Smudge Proof Primer (http://www.sephora.com/smudge-proof-eyeshadow-base-P261211?skuId=1236843)

windxi014

I just bought the palette too and tried it out for the first time today. It's absolutely amazing! I didn't think I needed another palette, but the waterproof sold me!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Nice!!! Starletta8, Are you glad you bought it now?

starletta8

I am, but I'm also researching the rest of the collection as a result. (Fail).

starletta8

I just caved and bought this when I spotted one at the local Ulta..

starletta8

It seems I was right in time for another heat wave- cross your fingers in can manage it!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I don't think I would have ever purchased it if it weren't for Beauty Talk! What are your thoughts? First impression I was in love, now that I've had it for a week I'm starting to think the eyeshadows aren't that pigmented. Then again I'm used to UD & mac... 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@dannyc  the poolside shadow is def not very pigmented (i was sad about this).  But I like the bikini, barefoot & parasol.

DTalksAll

Bikini is beautiful & works well layered over cream shadow sticks 

starletta8

I think this, along with my tinted moisturizer, is my new heat wave go-to. It's going to feel like 100+ this week- I'll be sure to test it out!

beautylovingirl

You could always do a Tan Towel or a little bit of self tanner and you could always lighten the shade with translucent  powder so if it oxidizes at all it would be close to the right shade.

roxystar4

:smileyhappy: thanks for the tips. I think I'd rather get the right shade of foundation/TM.  I don't do a whole lot of self-tanning.

beautylovingirl

I agree but a  just a little more tan and it would be fine but you hair and the rest of your makeup looks really cute.  ^.^

roxystar4

thanks beautyloving girl :smileyhappy: I was thinking about the LM  500 point perk but the TM is in Nude (same as what I was wearing in the pic) :smileysad:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

What LM 500 point perk?

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts
beautylovingirl

Great swatches girlie! ^.^   I'm like you the Laura Mercier TM I don't think it looks awful not at all but a little dark like you said.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • crayzeeRN