roxystar4

$20 off $50 Not sure what's going on...

So I still haven't spent the $50 to get $20 off. Ive bought smaller items but for some reason I haven't been able to find the right item for this deal. I think it's comical because I don't seem to have a problem with spending money at sephora… I just want to feel like Im getting a deal on a really good item. (I don't want to waste it).

Anyone else out there still have their $20 off $50?

biting.jpg

drrragon

Re: $20 off $50 Not sure what's going on...

LOL each day that ticks by I feel more and more like the lady in the picture!  it expires Monday!  it expires Monday!  auuugh!  LOL

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

drrragon, I haven't spent mine yet either. I'm actually a little anxious about it...

sephoramusthave

I haven't received mine yet (apparently, a old email no longer in use is tied to my account, and updating the email would require me to give up my sephoramusthave's account and start fresh....so no thanks. I'm just gonna drop into the store and have the cashier deal with it. )

As always, there's plenty of things I want but nothing really that I need except for mascara since I only have 1 tube right now.

I want the original naked palette, nars sheer glow foundation, bite beauty lipstick in pomegranate. :smileyvery-happy:

melde

[ Edited ]

Okay, someone recommend an Illamasqua cream blush or a Nars blush (I only have orgasm). I need to get this show on the road. :smileyhappy:

Edit: Maybe I should say I'm pale with neutral undertones. Lately I've been enjoying mid to dark blushes that are more neutral because I like crazy lipstick but I will take any recommendation!

roxystar4

melde, I have 2 illamasqua blushes on my list but I told myself no blush until I use more of the ones I have. (I haven't even touched the Tarte palette and I bought it a month ago).

melde

Oh man, I have tons of blushes too, but I have no self control with blush or lipstick. :smileysad:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

melde, I have the Naked Rose as my top Illamasqua blush to get. its so pretty but I have way too many! I go in waves with lipstick, sometimes Im like I need them ALL and then (like right now) I'm like, I have plenty.

Urbie

I've had a couple pricey items in my cart for like, months, waiting for the $20 off of $50.  I bought my Murad Hydrodynamic Eye Cream as soon as I got my gift card because I've been all out for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to pay $62 if I could get it for $42...Now I am so happy it is here!  Good luck finding something (or things) to use it on!  Maybe you can stock up on stocking stuffers?

galaapple

Most everything I was planning to get went out of stock. :smileysad:

IttyxBittyxMe

The NAKED3 palette was the only thing in Sephora that I want for myself at the moment. If it didn't come out, then I'd probably have mine still sitting in my inbox as well like 'What am I even going to use you on?', because I would have really been clueless. I'm not the type of person to buy backups of things because I really don't have the space for it until I get my own room, I have one foundation and one tinted moisturizer and I already think that's to much for my face, I've got like ten blushes, and a ton of lipsticks, so I really am ok without needing to expand on anything for awhile. Or well, I would have been without the NAKED3, but I didn't really need that either. 

crayzeeRN

Believe it or not, I still have mine too!!

Was going to use it on Gucci Glamorous Magnolia perfume, but then discovered that I can order it elsewhere much cheaper. Then thought about the Naked3 palette, but I have LM Artist and BB Rich Chocolate palettes that I haven't touched yet (not letting myself touch any purchases since September or so until Christmas!)

Like you guys, I bought so much with the two recent opportunities to get 20% off and now I'm stumped. Enabling welcome :smileyvery-happy: Lipstick is always easy for me :smileywink:

roxystar4

crayzeeRN, what about a Too Faced Lipstick that you don't already have? or YSL?

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

I think I've gotten all the shades of La Creme I want for the moment, unfortunately their new shades don't come out until after 12/19 (we think) :smileysad:

YSL prices still make me cringe a bit too, so I haven't taken the plunge yet :smileytongue:

I'm currently staring down some Bite, NARS and Laura Mercier though!!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

ohhh which items from Bite, NARS and LM?

crayzeeRN

All lipsticks! My latest obsession is lipstick... *cue dangerous music*

Actually, I really need a lip base/primer before lipstick, as my lips aren't always the smoothest. I've been using the heck out of the "Prep" and "Prime" pans from the Bite Beauty Lip Library and will soon be out. Anything you would recommend?

roxystar4

I've made a small dent in my prime Lip Library too! I have to leave my library out of my makeup drawers (if it's in there I rarely reach for it). so I had it out last week and used that all the time as my moisturizer.

Honestly Ive just been prepping with Badger Lip balm as a base. And outlining my lips with the MUFE lip line perfector. Line my lips with a liner (if Im doing a bold lip) and then lipstick (gloss optional).

Anyone else have ideas for a prep & prime?  

CrayzeeRN, have you purchased this?  (Bite Line & Define)

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=bite%20prep&skuId=1406156&productId=P307909...

Lotus12

I'm so glad I decided to read more of the reply's on here. I've been trying to decide which lip definer/primer to get. I had the Bite one on my loves list but was looking through the Sephora glossy and saw the Dior Universal Contour Lipliner. What do you think? I haven't worn a lot of lipstick, usually just one of the Sugar fresh line. I have a small upper lip - not that my bottom is really full - but I was told lining them might help when I wear a color. Dior.jpg

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

I haven't, but I am definitely looking at it. I've waded through some old threads about primers on BT, and there definitely seems to be some lack of options in the beauty world in terms of pre-lipstick treatments!

The two you suggested were actually the ones I was debating about getting! Thanks for the the help! :smileyhappy:

kenny

Hmm, the only lip primer I recall really using was one from Duwop. It was a deluxe sample, I can't recall feeling one way or the other about it (probably because I didn't wear much lipstick back then!)

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

I got $20 worth of stuff (two $5 Fresh gift card holders for stocking stuffers, and a $10 Tarte maracuja oil set) and then the $32 Fresh Rose Royalty set. The Fresh set comes with a full-sized rose sugar lip treatment, soy face cleanser and seaberry body cream. (I wanted to try the rose color of their lip treatments, and I've been dying to try the soy face cleanser. Plus the bag is really cute.)

I am not sure if I would have bought the Fresh set at full price for myself, but telling myself that I only got it for $12 (after the $20 off) makes it feel like I got a really great deal. 

I also would have picked up two of the Fresh sets for my future sister-in-laws' Christmas gifts, if I hadn't bought them the Body Shop gift sets from Ulta instead during Cyber Monday.

urbandecaybabe

I really, really wanted to use the $20 off on the Naked3, but I'm nowhere near a Sephora or Ulta and I wouldn't be able to get there until the weekend--and I'm fairly sure the palette will be sold out tomorrow. My hope has been squashed, sigh. Now I'm not sure what I'll use it on. :/

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 90 replies
  • 158 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • lylysa