Answer
pandapple6
white face makeup

I am going to the midnight premir of batman: the dark knight rises. I am going to dress up as harley quinn which has white face makeup. I was wondering if there was any oil-free, sensative skin friendly white face makeup that won't make my skin break out. Also is there any drugstore under $10 (preferrable $5) black lipstick that is good for dry lips, or even any sephora brands that are just good for dry lips? 

Thank you :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
elizbeth1972
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Manic Panic makes a black lipstick for under ten bucks (usually around $8 or so), but I dont know if all drugstores carry it.  I have seen it at some Walgreen locations on the east coast before but I think its only select stores.  They have it at drugstore dot com if you have time/willing to order it.   You could always layer a lip balm underneath for extra moisture. Have fun at the premiere!

300.jpg

ChicDabbler
Answered
(0) Hearts

Along with the "white" foundations, you can dust matte white eyeshadow on top of any area that needs a bit of coverage or less shine. I used white shadow and black liner last yr for a snow leopard look.

Whatever you do, do NOT ever use the drugstore face paint. I was browsing around Target and picked one up last yr Halloween to look and it says "safe for children" on top, along with a small warning on the bottom "this paint contain small traces of lead." So, yeah...

janinebt
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm a HUGE batman fan, I'm super excited to see The Dark Knight Rises and I love Harley Quinn (wish they ended up having her in the movies :smileysad: ).

Anyway back to getting on topic, Illamasqua has a white liquid foundation which is fair enough to pull off that Harley look. I'd recommend setting it with translucent powder for a more matte texture. For lipsticks I'd recommend Make Up For Ever's Rouge Artist Intense in Satin Black.

Illamasqua - Rich Liquid Foundation

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Rouge Artist Intense

Whimsically yours,
Janine
projulie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

Select Sephora doors carry Illamasqua and they have a white pigment foundation. It's also great to mix into foundations to lighten.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation-white

For the black lipstick, I would suggest putting a lipbalm under any drug store or sephora brand.

Rosebud Salve

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salvehttp://www.sephora.com/rosebud-salve-P42204

Illamasqua - LipstickIllamasqua Lipstick-Pristine Matte Black

http://www.sephora.com/lipstick-P241717

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • pandapple6
    • janinebt
    • elizbeth1972
    • ChicDabbler