Answer
l143
whats the best full coverage foundation for oily skin?

Whats the best full coverage foundation for oily skin?Possibly long wearing also?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
jmoxcey
Answered

I agree on the Makeup Forever velvet matte plus!!  I wore the Lancome foundation for a little bit....it does last quite a while, but it tended to oxidize on my after about 7-8 hours.  It was harder to match with my pale skin tone too.  I have a much easier time with the MUFE in terms of color match and I find it gives me better coverage. 

dianabt
Answered

Hello l143, 

For oily skin, I have a few recommendations. You can try the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet makeup which is oil free, waterproof, sweatproof, and has a full cover, satiny velvet finish. This makeup has beautiful coverage and is fantastic for oily skin.

You may also like the Lancome Teint Idole foundation which is a long wear (12+ hours!) oil free and satiny matte finish makeup as well. It is slightly less "heavy" feeling on the skin compared to the MUFE but nonetheless has gorgeous coverage.

Try to visit your local store so that a cast member can match you in your perfect shade while giving you samples of the foundations to try. They may even have some other recommendations for you! :smileyhappy: You can view our store locator here to find the location nearest to you. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
bunnyboy
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try using the NARS Matte Foundation.  Goes sheer and very buildable and worked great on my super oily T-Zone.  I would prime my face with Smash Box Photo Finish Primer for additional oil control. 

projill
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with Diana on her recommendations- both Mat Velvet and Teint Idol have amazing coverage and are long wearing.

You should also check out Hourglass Veil Primer- it is so incredible and makes your makeup waterproof.  I use it anytime I need to look fabulous all day or on clients that need all day perfect makeup.  I have used it on brides that have cried and nothing moved, and on performers that dance and sweat on stage and the makeup stays perfect.

xoxo

Jill

jennypenny1995
Answered
(0) Hearts

Without question, Tarte's 12-Hour foundation.  Good stuff!

kittycat001234
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am 41 yrs old and have severe oily skin that is also acne prone.  I am looking for a really good full-coverage foundation that won't wear off and stays put while looking flawless.

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jmoxcey
    • l143
    • projill
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • bunnyboy
    • kittycat001234