Answer
cuocake
what is the best primer for acne scarred and acne prone skin?
(0) Hearts

I have severe acne scars on my cheekbone area and all make-ups just sink into the scars. I still have extremely acne prone skin although it is getting under control. I need a primer that will help hide my scars and not cause new breakouts. Any suggestions? I used to use on a clear day primer by Philosophy but sephora does not carry it anymore. Let me know!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
emmielou
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've had good luck with Bare Escentuals Prime Time and Stila's One Step -- both really smooth and good for grabbing foundation to cover up acne and scars. I also like NARS duo concealer -- it's thick and blendable

pattyle
Answered
(0) Hearts

This isn't typical, but I hear Monistat's Anti-Chafing Gel (sold in drugstores) is more than comprobable to Smashbox's Primer. Although it's weird, definitely research it! Check reviews on youtube as well as check out reviews from Google searches. I use it, and i've had no allergic reactions or breakouts. I have acne-prone skin and i'm pretty oily as well. It's about $7, and that sure beats out most the prices of the primers. You can buy it at wal-mart, rite-aid, walgreens, CVS, and Target to name a couple. I'd reccommend Walgreens, because you can easily return it if you don't like it, and even if you've used it, no questions asked. :smileyvery-happy: I hope that helps you out!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • emmielou
    • cuocake
    • pattyle