Answer
sandym51
what is best makeup for 60+ woman? mineral or liquid?
(0) Hearts

I currently use BareMinerals but I am thinking of making a switch.  I am 60, would like to appear as natural as possible but still put my best face forward.  Looking for suggestions in makeup - eyes, blush and foundation.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
prettyinpa
Answered

Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder is antiaging and won't accentuate wrinkles and fine lines. It is made for all skin types and is free of talc and parabens.

On your eyes, use a good primer to help keep your makeup from creasing and settling into lines. Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance are good ones. Choose a slight shimmer shadow as these look better on mature eyelids than matte shadows.

I like a natural blush, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour is my new favorite- comes in a nice range of shades and the clay balances skin for both oily or dry skin.

Hope this helps!

sephoramusthave
Answered
(0) Hearts

Eyes: Urban Decay Naked Palette and Benefit Creaseless Cream eye shadows

Blush: Benefit Boxed Powder in Dallas

Foundation: Dior Capture Totale, Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous, Benefit Hello Flawless, and Lancome Dual Finish Powder 

rocketgirl2
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am 60 yrs. old and have been using a mineral base powder and find that I'm not getting good enough coverage any longer.  I'm looking for a foundation that still looks natural, gives coverage, doesn't show lines or pores.  What would you recommend?

anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with prettyinpa as far as sticking with the mineral foundation or trying Halo; I have used many liquids in the past (I am close to your age) and I think the use of bare minerals achieves a much more natural look.  Also agree with her on the use of Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer.  As far as UD shadows, I use them also but I think you're better off with a few of the single shadows that aren't super glittery and won't be able to use all of the shadows in their pallets, some of them contain so much glitter. If you look at the product listings for the individual shadows it will indicate to some degree how much glitter is in the shade.  Actually I have been using Bare Esentuals shadows and liners for years and I like them as well.  To really emphasize my eyes I use a liquid eyeliner pen by Nars (Stylo), and the Nars shadows are awesome too.  One product you might want to look into for blush is by Tarte...it's their Cheek Stain.  Again, I have been using this for years.  It works over minerals and gives a natural and dewy glow.  As I said I am close to your age, but still have oily skin so these recommendations have been working for me.  It's tough to give a cookie cutter answer because there are so many factors to consider.  Good luck!!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • anaa
    • sandym51
    • rocketgirl2
    • butzmom