Answer
JLauren322
searching for new foundation and concealer

Hi everyone! I am in need of a new foundation and concealer. I have acne prone skin and some acne scars. I would really love a foundation that would look good in natural light. I have been trying to cut back on my coverage and only cover spots heavily and the rest of my skin just lightly. My problem is when I get into natural light I look like I have orange splotches all over. I was using Kat Von D tattoo foundation because it covered really well but I had the orange issue. Now I am using an Ulta brand called Exuviance and I am having the same issue. Maybe I am just buying too dark of a color. Any recommendations for me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
kissenmakeup
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hello! I am breaking out badly these days, I have oily skin but i'm having some dry patches around my nose, cheek/blemish area. I can't wear a full coverage foundation because it looks unnatural, cakey and somehow accentuates my flaws..
SO instead of wearing a heavy foundation to cover my flaws, I am using a full cover concealer. I love love love the
Make-up Forever Full cover

s1247204-main-hero.jpg

As for the foundation, I am currently loving my Make-up Forever HD Foundation

it is medium to full coverage but very airy and lightweight, has a wide range of color, photographs well and dosn't give me any further breakout unlike with MUFE's Mat Velvet+ 

s1096908-main-hero.jpg

For reference, I'm using HD117 and MUFE Full Cover in No.4 matches my NC15-NC20 skintone perfectly without any mask-like appearance.

laurabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi JLauren322, Laura Mercier specializes in the "Flawless Face" and The Flawless Face Book is a really great way to get that look all in one small palette.  It comes with the Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact which has a sheer coverage for all over, and two targeted concealers to cover blemishes and imperfections. The Mineral Pressed Powder finishes and sets the look.

LM The Flawless Face Book.jpg

http://bit.ly/11DcdMq

The Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer, comes with both the oil-free foundation and the creamy concealer.  The concealer is very easy to blend & creates a flawless complexion. 

Stila Stay All Day® Foundation & Concealer.jpg

http://bit.ly/1bpeOeg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

mztle
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have found nothing better than MUFE mat velvet+ or LM silk creme foundation. The MUFE however does look extremely nice in natural light and has a better range of shades.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • mztle
    • kissenmakeup
    • laurabt
    • JLauren322
Photos4
  • Stila Stay All Day® Foundation & Concealer.jpg
  • LM The Flawless Face Book.jpg
  • s1247204-main-hero.jpg