Answer
peanutcookie
primer without foundation

im looking for a primer that can be used without foundation. my skin is dry but gets shiny later in the day from my moisturizer. i just want something to keep the shine away. i appreciate any suggestions!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
artemisgem
Answered

It sounds like you want to prevent shine later in the day, but that your skin is dry to begin with. Normally to banish shine I would recommend Urban Decay "De-Slick in a Tube" but it's very strong and can make dry skin much worse so that might be too extreme for you. I would instead recommend Smashbox "Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light" (Sephora Product Page) I frequently wear this product on days when I don't wear foundation. It makes skin look soft and smooth and its mattifying effects help control shine. Also,  Urban Decay "De-Slick Mattifying Powder" (Sephora Product Page) is a great product to have. It comes in a handy portable compact and it's colorless. So whether you're wearing foundation or not, it's a great way to get rid of any shine throughout the day. I hope all of this helps you! :smileyhappy:

peanutcookie
(0) Hearts
thank you! the urban decay powder is actually on my shopping list! ive been eyeing it for a while, and will probably get it now.
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • 6aad0801
    • peanutcookie
    • artemisgem