Answer
peanutcookie
primer without foundation

im looking for a primer that can be used without foundation. my skin is dry but gets shiny later in the day from my moisturizer. i just want something to keep the shine away. i appreciate any suggestions!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
artemisgem
Answered

It sounds like you want to prevent shine later in the day, but that your skin is dry to begin with. Normally to banish shine I would recommend Urban Decay "De-Slick in a Tube" but it's very strong and can make dry skin much worse so that might be too extreme for you. I would instead recommend Smashbox "Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light" (Sephora Product Page) I frequently wear this product on days when I don't wear foundation. It makes skin look soft and smooth and its mattifying effects help control shine. Also,  Urban Decay "De-Slick Mattifying Powder" (Sephora Product Page) is a great product to have. It comes in a handy portable compact and it's colorless. So whether you're wearing foundation or not, it's a great way to get rid of any shine throughout the day. I hope all of this helps you! :smileyhappy:

6aad0801
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love the "old" NARS primer for wearing on it's own.  It moisturizes and lends to a healthy, not-mattifying, more-even complexion.  Hurry though because I think it will be replaced by the new NARS Pro-prime primer which is lovely on its own, but is mattifying.  It depends what your choice/preference is.  But definitely a great on it's own primer (as well as a fab makeup base). :smileyvery-happy:

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Yes, you can absolutely wear a foundation primer alone without wearing foundation over it and it sounds like you need to wear a good oil-controlling primer to keep your oiliness at bay.

The best products that I have found to help stop my extreme oiliness is to apply one of the following oil-controlling face primers:  1) Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer which you can read more about at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P169809&categoryId=B70  2) Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer which you can read all about at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=RBWSFQGW0KMH2CV0KSKBPIQ?id=P231022&categoryId=B70

I hope this works great for you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • 6aad0801
    • peanutcookie
    • artemisgem