Answer
nurseann7161
oily skin

What is a good primer for oily skin? I have a super oily t-zone and by 3 hours post application I'm super oily and have to use blotting papers and reapply powder. My cheeks are fairly dry, and I have a lot of redness on them, and some enlarged pores.

I'm not sure of a good skin care regimen either that may help with this?

I wash nightly with Purity Made Simple, and every morning with a Clean & Clear brightening face wash. I try to exfoliate every weekend.

I've tried Too Faced Primed & Poreless, Smashbox Photo Ready Primer, and Laura Mercier primers.     I use Revlon 18 Hour foundation and powder currently but am thinking of switching to Bare Minerals. I'm going to the nearest Sephora store tomorrow for some ideas and new make up but was wanting some opinions from others on what to try as far as primer/foundations.

I like a light-medium coverage and hate that cake feeling.  By the middle of the day the oil buildup makes my face feel VERY cake like and it bothers me so much!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
shoppanicbuy
Answered
(0) Hearts
Ok, probably one of the best things you can check out is urban decay deslick setting spray. I find that with tons of clients who have oily skin it's a life saver. It almost sounds like your skin is reacting to a product you are using- are you sensitive? The red dryness to me is what sounds like a reaction. I suggest reading up on using something like jojoba oil to clean your face (I know- it sounds crazy but it's the thing that matches the oil in our skin best and tricks it into not producing near as much oil). It's worked for several of my clients who have tried it. Do yourself a favor and read up on it. It's not a sephora brand but you might want to check out Mac matte and blotting powder as well. Try are great for fighting shine and not looking cakey. As for a foundation the issue with a mineral makeup is that you will probably still end up feeling cakey. Although it definitely helps shine, as oil is produced it mixes with the powder- if you apply more it will definitely cake up. I personally use mufe hd in my kit and everyone I've put it on loves it. I also find that with a finishing spray (like UD) it stays well on oily skin too. It also feels like there's nothing on your skin.
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • shoppanicbuy
    • nurseann7161