Answer
lookinolder
Accepted Solution
more economical foundation brush

I am working off a very tight budget recently and would like to know which brush i should use for foundation. I currently have a mac flat brush but am interested in a round/powder/blush brush thats less expensive. I use MUFE HD #118 for my foundation. Please help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
mermadelove
Answered

Beleive it or not, elf has some pretty good makeup brushes for wicked cheap. I always get the brushes from the Studio line. They are the best quality of all the elf brushes, don't shed, and are made of synthetic fibers, so they're cruelty free. Their angled foundation brush is $3. It's worth a try! Their website is eyes lips face dot com.

Hope that helps!

Answers: 4
corrin99
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I couldn't find your brush from MUFE, but the ones I saw were nylon.  I found one from Sonia Kashuk, it's $11.

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have recently changed from applying my liquid foundation with a regular flat foundation brush to using a stippling brush.  It has worked great for me and given my face more of an air-brushed finish.

Sephora Brand has a stippling brush that isn't "cheap" but look at it as an investment in a tool that will last you for many years if you take good care of it.  If you want to look at it you can find it at:
  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259911&categoryId=B70

If that particular brush is more than you want to pay, then I would suggest checking on eBay for new, un-used stippling brushes.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered
(0) Hearts

Brushes are one of those beauty items that you shouldn't really skimp on. A cheap brush will shed hair and deposit the product unevenly causing blotches and streaks. The Sephora blush and foundation brushes are very high quality and have lasted many years for me. I also have found that the Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target to be good, I have a couple and they haven't shed hair and do a good job of applying product. Their blush brush is $18, around half of what you would expect to pay for a brush from a beauty store. I don't think that Sonia Kashuk has a foundation brush, but check out the display at Target, maybe they added to the line since I was in last.

katimae
Answered
(0) Hearts

II went on eBay and got a pack of 37 brushes for 30 dollars in a leather case.  They are pretty good.  I had some excellent quality brushes b4 and now I only use these.  They were auctioning off more every day. No shipping.  I just put in make-up brushes.  Now I have one for every need.  Good luck!:smileywink:

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • corrin99
    • prettyinpa
    • mermadelove
    • katimae
    • lookinolder