Answer
47yoga
makeup to cover bruises
(0) Hearts

I have several bruises on the side of my face from filler injections.  They are now 10 days old and need a recommendation to cover them, as I have a wedding to go to tomorrow.  Help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
kalex
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would go with a tattoo concealer.  If it covers ink it'll cover pretty much anything!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231113&categoryId=B70

setsail
Answered
(0) Hearts

Cover FX is fabulous - use a small brush with compact bristles to dab some on your face - also they have a great color range. Set it with some kind of powder and voila. 

islandqt
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really recommend vichy by dermablend concealers and foundations for this task. these are recommended usually for people who have recently undergone facial procedures so I figure on top of being extremely pigmented they are also hypo-allergenic.

You can order on the website or use the store locator to find them

Good Luck!

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would look at Make Up For Ever's Full Cover concealer. It's richly pigmented, and meant to cover scars, tattoos, discoloration, hyperpigmentation, etc., but gentle enough for use on your face: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P151107&categoryId=B70.

A little goes a long way! : )

emmielou
Answered
(0) Hearts

Either tattoo concealer (as previously suggested) or if you're looking for something you'll use again, I like the Nars concealer duo in custard and ginger. Prime first, then pat this on either with your ring finger or a compact concealer brush (I start with the lighter color, then blend with the darker), the apply foundation and powder to set.

honeylemongirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

A highly pigmented concealer will cover them right up, like Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (carried at Sephora) or Dermablend Concealer (not carried at Sephora, this is what many people use to cover tattoos).

If the bruises are quite dark and discolored, you may want to opt for a color corrector as well. Brands like Bobbi Brown carry color correctors with a peach or pink tint that will help to cancel out the bluish, purplish color of the bruise more. Then after applying corrector, you would layer a concealer that matches your skintone on top of that.

randarawr
Answered
(0) Hearts

what I would do to start is take a light liquid conceiler to first go over it and then apply a loose mineral powder of a slightly lighter shade on top of it.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • emmielou
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • islandqt
    • honeylemongirl
    • setsail
    • 47yoga
    • randarawr