Answer
juicie4jen
Accepted Solution
liquid foundation under/on top of powder foundation??
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello beauties!! Ok so i have been wearing a liquid foundation under powder foundation (both by Laura Mercier)...and idk why this just dawned on me but that seems a little too heavy/too much makeup no? I just thought i would have/get more coverage...but doesn't seem like it! How come my pores and few spots are not covered ? hmmm maybe because of this, my skin/i look older??

i guess what i was asking was....if i am using a powder foundation (like LM), is there a need to use a liquid foundation too? or can/do i just use powder foundation? Also, for ladies that use liquid foundation, what do ya'll apply after? just loose/pressed powder and then ur set to go??

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
beautylovingirl
Answered

Wearing a powder foundation and a liquid foundation is too much makeup. Apply a primer before your powder foundation and apply. I know everyone is different but why would you want to wear both? Makeup is to even out and enhance your complexion not cover it up. If you are wearing a liquid finish with a powder not a powder foundation. You can used a pressed powder or loose to finish. My fave is the HD powder from MUFE :smileyhappy: Shiseido, Nars, and Too faced all have great finishing powders if you don't want to try the HD. This is summer don't borrow trouble with all that makeup your going to get an acne problem by doing that. Sweat. dirt, oil, and a ton of makeup are just a recipe for disaster. Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • mztle
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • infinitise
    • WhereYouStand
    • juicie4jen